Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clip in hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was browsing around ebay and I've seen some "Remy hair extensions" that you just clip in. The sellers takes a lock, which is apparently just a few strands, of your hair and matches it then sends back some extensions which should supposedly look naturalish. In previous extensions threads I've seen a few of you say that you'd bought clip in extensions....

Do they feel really "heavy"?
Do they feel "secure"?
How often do you wash/condition them?

Comments

• Options
    They don't feel heavy, but I find that I can't brush through the top of my hair/scalp thouroughly, or they'll slip quite a bit. Thats okay, though, as I usually stick to just brushing the layer of my own hair that I've covered them with.
    I've only washed mine once, and I've worn them maybe 15 times. I guess they don't get dirty, as long as you don't put a load of product in them.

Well worth the money, imo.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    They don't feel heavy, but I find that I can't brush through the top of my hair/scalp thouroughly, or they'll slip quite a bit. Thats okay, though, as I usually stick to just brushing the layer of my own hair that I've covered them with.
    I've only washed mine once, and I've worn them maybe 15 times. I guess they don't get dirty, as long as you don't put a load of product in them.

Well worth the money, imo.

Do you have a pic of them in your hair? Just to see if they look natural!
  • Options
    Nah, soz, I don't have a pic.
    If you have shoulder length hair, I would advise buying two packs (theres about 7 different sized clips in each), as at first it looked pretty strange, with a long layer of hair down to my bum, and the rest of my layers ending at my shoulders. With two you can get them cut to different lengths, and it'll look more natural.
    If your hair is past your armpits, I'd stick with one.
  • Options
    £30 for a pack of 7 20-inchers, and I got the colour exactly right without providing a sample :D.
    They were a buy-it-now on eBay - sorry I can't remember the user.

You can wear your hair up with them in aswell, but you'd have to seperate off some hair beforehand to cover up the clips.
  • Options
    ah so this is probably what everyone at school seems to be getting now...i was wondering what the sudden obsession with bum length hair extensions was! its a good idea....then you can have long or short hair as you please!
  • Options
    The amount of times I've been called fake though, lol! Well, I guess they are, but at least I'm being pretty innovative with my hair.. when you ain't got it - buy it.