Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just a little moan really

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know why be just lately it seems that my boyfriend is saying things which are making me feel worried about about our relationship. The silly thing is I know that he is only joking and trying to wind me up, but at the moment I seem to be taking everything as a personal attack against me.

The thing is I know that I'm being silly, as normally nothing that he has said would upset me at the slightest, but at the moment I seem to be over sentive about little things to do with our relationship. I have a feeling it might just be due to the fact that I'm stressed about my exams which start in 5 weeks.

But I'm also worried that there is an underlining problem with in our relationship, however, I'm not sure about this due to my incresedsensitivity. I know I should be talking to him about this, but I don't know if its just me, feeling the pressure due to my exams or if this is the begining of the end (ok slightly melodramtic), but that is just it my feelings and emontions have just been really intense lately.

Its got really silly, he sent my an email about an hour ago which upset me slightly and I was so angry that I could not reply to it and ended up having a little cry and I really want to slam my door shut, as I left my room to make a cup of tea. But I could not, as the doors in my uni flat just can't be slamed shut. Well not he has sent me another one entitled last mail and I can't even pull myself together to open it.

Comments

• Options
    You can still have a talk with him, even if you feel it can come from you and from the stress you are currently having. Just let him know that at the moment you feel stressed about your exams and that you get wind up more easily. You could always ask him to try to keep it dow a little until your exams are over.

If after your exam it continues to annoy as much as now, wel then maybe it could mean you are just getting tired of his jokes and him trying to wind you up. If it is te case just talk to him aout it again and see if he can try to do it maybe less often or maybe even stop.

If it is how he is it might not be easy for him to do tho, but it is worste the shot.
    In any cases talking this over is always good, you would probably feel a bit better by just telling him everything and how you have been feeling lately.

Never keep everything inside, put it out in the open, even if it bring up and argument.
  • Options
    Thanks NMM, I just need to hear it from someone else. Why do we never listern to our own advice. Its going to be tricky as due to work conmitments I'm not likely to see him until a week on Friday, I know I can speak to him on the phone or email him etc, but I find it best to always talk about things face to face.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    Thanks NMM, I just need to hear it from someone else. Why do we never listern to our own advice. Its going to be tricky as due to work conmitments I'm not likely to see him until a week on Friday, I know I can speak to him on the phone or email him etc, but I find it best to always talk about things face to face.

You are right, wait to have a talk face to face, sometimes email, MSN or every written method do not make feeling pass the same way and the phone you always have the easy way out of the discussion which is hanging up.

Patience is a vertu.
  • Options
    Well apprently I'm childish, as I have replied to his emails with short answers. So I explain to him that the reason my answers where short was "to stopped me from writing sarcastic and spiteful replies which I would later regret and because I really thought email was not the best method of conmumication to use".

Now I'm bottling up my feelings, because of my last reply, I can't win. I am trying to be all adult about it, yet what ever I do he accuses my of being a kid.
  • Options
    I don't see anything by that reply that make you look like a kid tbh.

Feelings are not easy to deal with and sometimes when a feeling overcome you it is not easy to shut sit there and wait as it will your mind will keep bugging you about it.

Is there anyway you can see him before friday?

Even if it is inconvenient, it can be necessary and might stop misunderstanding to be created.
  • Options
    Well I have asked if we could meet up tonight, as although its quiz night at the pub he does not need to be there this week, as his team won last weeks, so they have set the questions for this week.

Now I'm just waiting for a reply.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    Well I have asked if we could meet up tonight, as although its quiz night at the pub he does not need to be there this week, as his team won last weeks, so they have set the questions for this week.

Now I'm just waiting for a reply.

Cool, hopefull it will be possible.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    I don't know why be just lately it seems that my boyfriend is saying things which are making me feel worried about about our relationship. The silly thing is I know that he is only joking and trying to wind me up, but at the moment I seem to be taking everything as a personal attack against me.

The thing is I know that I'm being silly, as normally nothing that he has said would upset me at the slightest, but at the moment I seem to be over sentive about little things to do with our relationship. I have a feeling it might just be due to the fact that I'm stressed about my exams which start in 5 weeks.

But I'm also worried that there is an underlining problem with in our relationship, however, I'm not sure about this due to my incresedsensitivity. I know I should be talking to him about this, but I don't know if its just me, feeling the pressure due to my exams or if this is the begining of the end (ok slightly melodramtic), but that is just it my feelings and emontions have just been really intense lately.

Its got really silly, he sent my an email about an hour ago which upset me slightly and I was so angry that I could not reply to it and ended up having a little cry and I really want to slam my door shut, as I left my room to make a cup of tea. But I could not, as the doors in my uni flat just can't be slamed shut. Well not he has sent me another one entitled last mail and I can't even pull myself together to open it.

If you don't tell him, don't expect it to go away. Don't build it up and unleash a ungodly fury on his unaware ass.

"dear b/f, you said this and that, and I know you are just trying to tease me, but it hurts me and it really made me sad... Just thought you should know, before you keep going on and I gonna explode soon."

sheesh, is it really so hard to just tell whats on ones mind? If you are approaching him with that, being serious, he will be instantly "oh shit, I didn't know. I am so sorry."

Why oh why is this world so complicated
    *rant*
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, it all sortted now, we spoke yesterday evening after he finished work, to be honest I did not want to talk about it via email, as he was at work at the time and I did not want any of his work mates to see.