Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Would you be ok if the person you were seeing went out with a female friend alone?

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't worry! he's told you about it hasn't he? my boyfriend at the time met up with an old friend from school and didn't bother me as i trusted him. i see why you're a bit worried 'cause as you're not together he could do what he wanted - but worrying unnecessarily is silly. and letting him know you're worrying won't do any good.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I had major issues with my boyfriend and his best friend, who happens to be a girl he always wished he could have gone out with and who is gorgeous and talented and really nice etc. He lives in Cornwall (except when at uni in Birmingham) and I live near Birmingham but with my boyfriend when we're at uni. His best friend lives down in Cornwall so when he goes home he meets up with her. At first this got to me loads as he would get so excited about going home to see her, they text all the time and if he chatted to her on the phone and I overheard him he was always so excited and happy and they would sing to each other, so I always thought there was something going on. But just after christmas I went down to Cornwall to see him and we went out and met up with his best friend. I felt a bit jealous as they were so happy chatting away and have so much in common and I was sat there like a lemon most of the time (plus I wasn't feeling well which didn't help), but it did make me realise that they are just friends. She was talking about her boyfriend and exes etc, and my boyfriend mentioned things about us and I know now that they talk about me in a nice way all the time so I had nothing to worry about all that time. I may have the odd jealousy pang every now and again but I can trust them now and know that they are just really good friends.

I don't know what it is like in your situation, but with my boyfriend and his best friend I have learnt that they have been good friends for longer than I have known my boyfriend and so they are bound to get along as they did before and I should not stand in the way of that friendship.

So, in case you didn't make any sense of any of that, or fell asleep (I do tend to ramble when I'm tired!), basically, don't worry!
  • Options
  • Options
    hmm i went out sometimes with one of my housemates, and we got along fine, me and her never had issues or anything at all

its true that men and women can just be friends