Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

curtains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this may seem like kind of an odd question to ask, but does anyone know any internet shopping sites that sell COLOURFUL curtains?!!

im moving bedrooms in a few weeks and ive been told im allowed to redecorate as well (by painting, adding different furniture etc)

now - ive found furniture i want, as well as duvet covers etc and now its just the curtains i have to sort out. i dont have any, and i reeeally want some that will go with the rest of the room.

ive been looking on some websites (next, additions etc) and all they have are crappy cream/white boring ones!!! ideally i would really like some bright ones (pink/lime green, purple) or something like that, but cannot find any ANYWHERE!!!

does anyone know of any 'interior' websites that might have any?!!

its no use looking in shops for some because there are fuck all decent shops where i live :impissed: plus i dont think theyd have any anyway

any help is appreciated!!! :D

Comments

• Options
    How about looking on here, there seems to be a wide range of colours.

http://www.curtains-2go.co.uk/
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Don't know about any shops but curtains are piss easy to make. If you find material that you like (local shops or ebay?) then you could make your own.
  • Options
    All the colourful stuff ive seen before for like curtains an that are usually for childrens rooms, you get some lovely stripey ones. littlemissys right though you could always make your own
  • Options
    Don't know about any shops but curtains are piss easy to make. If you find material that you like (local shops or ebay?) then you could make your own.

thats true.. although i cant help but feel that they would look a bit tatty once finished!!! never have been very good on the sewing machine!!! if i cant find any online though i may have a go
  • Options
    Or how about some lighter coloured ones and then get some bright fabric paints on them? could do it to the pattern of your room too then i guess
  • Options
    Or how about some lighter coloured ones and then get some bright fabric paints on them? could do it to the pattern of your room too then i guess

ooooh thats something to bear in mind :chin: good idea!
  • Options
    La Redoute always have fantastic bedroom sets.
  • Options
    Wilkinsons also do a home range, they sell ready-made curtains :)
  • Options
    I agree! You can get some really nice fabric and get some nice ones made.
  • Options
    Ikea do a wide range of colourful curtains for cheapy prices.
  • Options
    Ikea do colourful, although depends if you're going to be able to get to one as the postage is pretty steep or was last time I looked.

If you want colourful, look for ones for kids rooms. Apparently adults aren't allowed fun. :thumb:
  • Options
    i would have hoped she'd have found some curtains nearly 2 years later ;)

however, if you are still looking, ikea is usually great for stuff like this. also we bought a duvet set from amazon which was cheap, maybe they do curtains as well
  • Options
    Soraliah, you might know this already, but when you do receive your new curtains, it is important to read the instructions if you're not familiar with "gathering". It involves pulling 3 sets of chords from either end of each curtain so that the top edge (which was straight) now becomes unununununu-shaped. Measure up one-half of your curtain rail (or the entire rail and divide by 2), then gather each side so that they're the same lengths to fit on the rail.

If you knew this already, just ignore me and slap me :-)

(I only wrote this because I set up some curtains myself recently and nearly fell into the trap of not reading the instructions until I told my mum, and she warned me about it)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    i would have hoped she'd have found some curtains nearly 2 years later ;)

:yes:
This discussion has been closed.