Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Exercising at your house

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do you exercise at your house ever? Like get out the yoga video and just get right to it? I just always go to the gym though I've got a collection of videos like yoga, pilates and I just got the Carmen Electra stiptease one. I'd like to do them but I just can't bring myself to exercise in the house. I feel all embaressed, even though its just me and the boyfriend. Whats your opinions on it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I live with my boyfriend and two other students (who we don't really get on with anymore). Anyway, I am to embarrassed to exercise if anyone is in the house. If I do it in my room my huosemate in the room below me may wonder what the hell I am doing and if I do it in the lounge it is very likely that someone will want to watch tv. I bought the Carmen Electra box set a while ago thinking that it might give me an incentive to exercise but I won't do it unless I know that no one is in the house and that I am guarenteed to get at least an hour until they come home. I have done some of the Carmen Electra ones but I have been a bit disappointed in them. Maybe once I have more chance to learn the routines and then get to show them off to my boyfriend it will be worth it but I don't get the house to myself very often.
  • Options
    When I'm in a weird mood I do sit ups. I would never do it in front of anyone tho. Unless its like a gym.
  • Options
    I've never been one for exercise videos...boring (and I'm a bit lazy for that). I do like to dance about like a nutter sometimes - even better when my flatmates join in and it's like some crazy tribal dance/exercise regime. :thumb:
  • Options
    I have an abs trainer and sometimes, when I can be bothered do sit ups and crunches. I usually do all that at the gym though.
  • Options
    I have free gym access at work but I can never be bothered going. I got the Davina 3 30minutes workout dvd and I do that in my room now. I shut the door and pull the blinds so noone sees me.
  • Options
    I have weights in my room, so I use them and do pressups and crunchs etc. I also run every other day.

But then again, I live at home with my family, and I still hate it when someone opens my door and I've got 30Kg barbell over my neck. Can be off putting.
  • Options
    exercise is evil and should be stopped, who needs all those endorphins anyway plus i'd like to do my ministry if sound workouts but we have very thin walls and floors in my building, people downstairs may think that ww3 was about to start!
  • Options
    When I was training for the army I used to do loads of press-ups,crunches etc and also had a pull-up bar in the hall,but if I thought somene was coming upstairs Id stop exercising because I didnt want them to see me........I could end up having a 10min rest instead of 30 secs.I think it was the embarrassment of my brother,sister or whoever seeing me breathing through my arse trying to do a press-up.
    But,thankfully I came to my senses and stopped doing all that nasty exercise (Im not fat though!!).
  • Options
    at uni i have a davina workout dvd, and a 'ministry of sound pump it up' one that i workout to sometimes. (MOS one way better i think!!)

i also do situps, crunches and other exersizes along those lines in the mornings/evenings - as well as some skipping :) got a rope a few weeks ago and try to do about 10 minutes a day

now im back home however, i cant do it in my room :( my room is in the attic space and every step i take makes the floorboards squeak. so from now on im going to have to do the workout in the sitting room or something.. as long as noone else is in house!
  • Options
    i usually just go to the gym.. i have a few videos that i do occasionally but i feel kinda stupid even if im the only one in! i dont mind dancing about to music and stuff, but i can rarely get through a whole video without feeling self- concious!! which is odd because im perfectly fine at the gym with lots of people!