Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Always Wear a Seatbelt.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night, I was involved in an RTA. I was sat behind the driver (my mum) with my seatbelt on. This is what my mum's car now looks like: Clicky.
The police say it would have been a lot lot worse if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt (which, for some stupid reason I wasn't wearing earlier on in the day.)

The moral of the story is. Use your head, not lose it. Wear a seatbelt.

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    We're all doing alright in a manner of sorts. My sister was also in the passenger seat but got away with whiplash and nothing else. Mum's severely bruised her sternum and I have a lovely double split lip, bruised shinbones, bruised shoulder and a damaged coccyx. Lovely.
    All I can say is that we're so very lucky to all come out in one piece.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Its common sense to wear one tbh.
  • Options
    Oh dear, glad to hear you're as alright as can be expected ...must've been scary.

I witnessed an awful crash on Sunday afternoon; made my blood run cold.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Was it a collision with another car? Good job no major damage came off you.

I always wear my seat belt it's just natural instinct to put one on, also the dash board has a little red man and seatbelt symbol that doesn't go off untill you buckle up if for some reason you forget. Ha :p I always make people in the back buckle up aswell, especially if they are sitting behind me or someone else because it's the driver you do more damage too :|
  • Options
    yep, i always wear my seatbelt.
  • Options
    I had an accident a few years ago, having skidded on a patch of ice, hit a bank and flipped the car, it was a complete write off. Luckily the car had bucket seats and they were lower than the previous seats (would have smashed my head into the roof otherwise). I walked out unhurt luckily, and seatbelts played a major part in that.

Glad you're alright, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
  • Options
    its just instinct for me to put my seatbelt on when i get in any vehicle, even taxis etc...

the amount of people i know that dont wear seatbelts in taxis is stupid, especially when they drive like coqs
  • Options
    fair point, i never tend to wear seatbelts in a taxi unless i'm sat in the front. bit weird really when i never don't wear one in a normal car journey.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I always try to buckle up, I have seen what happens when you don't. That was not a nice thing to drive past...

I must say though, in Taxis I can be sloppy. I am usually tired and just slop in, with a bag on. :/

I I have been trying to remember though. In any other car I do... guess I just think "If the driver does it.."
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I always wear seatbelts... when they exist and work. I sort of feel like something's missing without one (which it does).

Good that you're relatively well... Get OK soon! All three.
  • Options
    i just think i have no control of what can happen therefore i wouldnt put my life in someones hands whos going to get you dropped as quick as possible to get another fair. plus ive seen quite a few accidents involving taxi's.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    fair point, i never tend to wear seatbelts in a taxi unless i'm sat in the front. bit weird really when i never don't wear one in a normal car journey.
    Why would it be any different with a taxi? I mean, what's the logic behind that? :confused:
  • Options
    I always wear my seat belt it takes like 2 seconds to put it on if you dont' your just stupid.

Howeve black cabs are a bit like busses as the seats are flip down and stuff so its not like getting into a normal car and I don't always remember to wear my seatbelt in one.
  • Options
    Looks like a horrible crash and i hope your all okay. I put my belt on without thinking about it now, im forever telling my friends off when i have to remind them though.
  • Options
    People who dont wear seatbelts piss me off.
  • Options
    I always wear a seatbelt. I can't help but worry what could happen if I don't wear one.

Only time I don't though is when I'm in a black taxi as well as the seat belts are hard to put on. I tend to only jump in one when I'm traveling through city centre ona night out. So I'm only in it for a few minutes tops.
  • Options
    I always wear one too.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    I ALWAYS wear a seatbelt and I won't sit in front of someone unless they're wearing one

That annoys me. People don't think when they don't wear a seatbeat. We can go out of our way to wear ours but people behind us who carelessly forget, or don't bother could cause us to die. It's like one of those adverts to promote awareness shows the teenage boy in the way not wearing his, he gets thrown forward into his mum, who's wearing hers, and cause her death.

Just remember, its not just your own safety, it's those around you to.
  • Options
    I got in a taxi a few weeks ago, and as I sat down the driver went "you dont need a seatbelt im a good driver" i was just um its habit. stupid man
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I feel naked without a seatbelt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Its because of that advert I always wear my belt, and I refuse to start my car till everyone has their belt on. I've even gone as far to check them cos I thought they wear lying (they were). People dont like getting in my car cos I drive safely, they think driving is for fun. Driving is not for fun, it is for getting from A to B, If they want fun go on a roller coaster or something. I'm not going to put my life, my passingers lives or anyone elses life in danger just so you (the cock who wants me to do 60 down a 30 road) can get your kicks!
  • Options
    My car tells me off if im not wearing mine
  • Options
    Just as well you weren't in a hatchback or any other small car or it could have been worse.
  • Options
    i love seat belts ther like sooooo fucking cool like ooooooo eeee
  • Options
    I never usually wear them in the backseat. Sometimes I do but most times I don't.
  • Options
    I got in a taxi a few weeks ago, and as I sat down the driver went "you dont need a seatbelt im a good driver" i was just um its habit. stupid man

:rolleyes: There are people I know who don't wear seatbelts - the bus drivers don't care, despite there being signs in the bus saying something about how wearing seatbelts is a legal requirement.

I always put mine o, even if it's just a short journey.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    I never usually wear them in the backseat. Sometimes I do but most times I don't.

Then when you always should.
    Weekender Offender