Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cameron: UKIP members are fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists

Conservative leader David Cameron has described members of the UK Independence Party as "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists".
He made the remarks during a phone-in on the London radio station LBC.

Mr Cameron had been asked about UKIP's plans to press for the names of secret Tory donors to be made public under the Freedom of Information Act.

But UKIP MEP Nigel Farage urged him to say why he thought the party was racist "otherwise we demand an apology".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4875026.stm

Well it's the first time Cameron has said something that I've really liked to hear. :)

Mind you, UKIP is a useful idiot when it comes to splitting the right wing vote... but it's good to remind people what kind of nasty people that party tens to attract.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    Well it's the first time Cameron has said something that I've really liked to hear. :)

Same.

Does this mean the conservatives really are moving left?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I doubt it... it might be moving from the hard-right of Thatcher, Tebbit and Liam Fox to a more moderate right- but right of centre it will remain, though a more tolerable one.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I doubt it... it might be moving from the hard-right of Thatcher, Tebbit and Liam Fox to a more moderate right- but right of centre it will remain, though a more tolerable one.

They do seem to be (though it might be an act) moving towards socially liberal ideals, though their economic stance has hardly changed, their Shaddow Chancelor is about as far right economically as Mat.
  • Options
    I like it! Cameron moving the party forwards...one way of another.
    As for economics, lets be fair, the Conservatives had good years and bad years before, just liek labour. Tax, Spend, then borrow billions to spend more then we have, which is Brown's recent plan is asking for trouble.
  • Options
    Brown is just storing up trouble in twenty years, all the Government funding has been paid for on credit, otherwise known as PFI.

He forgot to mention the UKIP's misogyny. After all, only a fool would employ a woman.
  • Options
    But why employ women when they are so distracting because of how lovely to look at. They should be in the kitchen or the bedroom only not in the work place! ;)
  • Options
    Plus of course women of child-bearing age can commit the ultimate sin of getting pregnant, thus inconvenience the long-suffering employer. ;)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Brown is just storing up trouble in twenty years, all the Government funding has been paid for on credit, otherwise known as PFI.

A large chunk of the public are doing it, why shouldn't the government?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

I agree. David Cameron will definately move the party in a new and promising direction.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Plus of course women of child-bearing age can commit the ultimate sin of getting pregnant, thus inconvenience the long-suffering employer. ;)

He did put it in a really bad way, but he did have a point about the support given by government when a woman goes off to have a kid.