Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broken up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I broke up with my girlfriend last night because i found out she got off with another lad on friday night when she was out. theres a bit more to it than that but thats the gist of it.
This really fucking sucks and i just dont know how to get her out of my head! :crying:

Comments

• Options
    You'll move on with time.. but time is the key. It does take a while of course.

You were right to break it off though considering what she did. You can get someone better than that who will treat you with respect. :yes:
  • Options
    Shit one mate...you probably knew this was coming anyway.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Naomi_UK wrote:
    You'll move on with time.. but time is the key. It does take a while of course.

You were right to break it off though considering what she did. You can get someone better than that who will treat you with respect. :yes:
    exactly! you are best off knowing she would do this now, than even longer down the line. you're a nice fella, and you will find someone who knows how to treat you!! :heart:
  • Options
    What a turd. I hope you're alright soon matey
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Shit one mate...you probably knew this was coming anyway.
    Guess so. Doesnt stop it from hurting any less though. :(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. If you have seeen some of my other posts you will have seen how much I hate cheating/affairs etc so I feel for you.

When my boyfriend finished with me I was devastated but once I got dragged out by some friends I had a good time and realised that other guys were interested and some of them were really nice guys, and this soon made me realise that I could do better, but at the same time I enjoyed the freedom and enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

You can certainly do better so get out there and enjoy yourself! Take care x
  • Options
    /MrG gives icey some glue to stick himself back together again
  • Options
    Sorry to hear.. :( I know it hurts now, but hang in there. Better times will come when a woman who deserves you will be by your side. Count on it! :thumb:
  • Options
    aw mate, it will get better honest *hugs*
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I broke up with my girlfriend last night because i found out she got off with another lad on friday night when she was out. theres a bit more to it than that but thats the gist of it.
    This really fucking sucks and i just dont know how to get her out of my head! :crying:

Sorry to hear that mate... this sucks...

I know it aint easy, but think it's her lost anyway and frankly if she did that to you she was not worth a nice lad like you...

You will probably have her in your mind for a while, but time will ease your pain, take a few day to make your grief and then try to move on...

Go out, go see your mates, easy on drugs if you are a bit depress tho, not the time to bad trip and specially not for her...

You can do better and will do better, she was obvisouly not the right one for you and you deserve better...
  • Options
    what a cow.
    At least you found out.
    I think time is the only healer though.
  • Options
    hey iceypops, you already know what i think and that you did the right thing. not only for the reason that she cheated on you but for everythign else thats been going on too. everyones right though, it will just take time. just try to remember the reasons of why you broke up and don't let her talk you into getting back with her. i know you'll be fine, you're a friendly guy and you'll meet someone else soon enough. and even if you don't you should get out there and enjoy being single for a while! one day you'll suddenly reaslise that you haven't thought about her for a whole day and it will feel great :)
  • Options
    Was she like out of her head in drunkness and didnt know what she was doing or was she just having the one drink?
  • Options
    I've been thinking about this recently.

Girl im seeing is hungup on some bloke that treated her like shite and she cant get close to anyone because of him. I know if she cheats on me at all or anything im gonna be broken hearted and probs become a hermit.

My advice is to 'try' to get out and about cos sitting in thinking about it will only drive you crazy.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Guess so. Doesnt stop it from hurting any less though. :(
    sorry to hear it, i knew you really wanted to make it work.

i know it must hurt like a bitch but in the long run you've made the right decision. honestly.

until then keep your chin up and keep some dignity.
  • Options
    thats really crap, i know how you feel at the moment (not the being cheated on but the breaking up thing) me and my partner were together for 4 years and lived together, i cant get him out of my head, its funny how you only remember the good things when you break up with someone though :( the bad things seem to disappear. now we have to sell our home and its just an awful time. ive been promised that time will heal so if it doesnt, you can help me get my mum k? chin up mr :(

ps i know nothing we say will help but i just really know how it feels to be without someone you love at the moment so thought id reply and share.

take care.
  • Options
    *hugs*