Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going out alone.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone or has anyone ever gone out clubbing or places like that alone?
Its just I dont know anywhere else to meet people my age.
I want to go out and meet people and get drunk and get girls like all 18 year olds do but I just havent got any friends to go with......
So,if I went out alone would I look like a sad loser and is there any possibility of finding some people to hang around with in a club to have a laugh with and stuff?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunalty in todays age, I dont think it would be a good idea going out on your own. People arnt really that accepting in clubs that you can just walk up to random people and make friends if you just turned up on your own with that intention.
    The only place I think it could work is at a rave, where you can talk to anyone cos there all pilled up! :p

But seriously... I think your best bet would be to join a club or something. Thnk of something you like doing and pursue it. You will make new friends that way...
    Then once you get to know them, you can see if they want to go out for a drink.

Good luck with it mate, you seem like a decent bloke, you just need to work on your confidence a bit and you will be making friends in no time!
  • Options
    Yeah a club or something of that nature would be good. Sports club maybe?
  • Options
    Yes like as allready been posted, in a "rave" (lol, hate that term) it would work but in your average night club, big no no!
  • Options
    I used to go to squat party alone if noone wanted to come along, you always meet some people over there... Not the best but hey if you want to party ad noone else want, it shouldn't stop you I think...
  • Options
    ive been out on my own before. Always used to find people. I even went to a club inglasgow on my own before where i knew noone, and there wasnt gonna be anyone i knew for sure. I just felt like going out for a dance!

Also did a festival on my own last year although thats cos i was left there, but it was still ace.
  • Options
    Yes I've been to a couple of random things by myself if its a dance type place you'll nearly always meet people to have a chat with - but like someone said before in a normal bar or night club it might not go down so well.
  • Options
    i say go, it'll be alright. i've been out on my own before its ok. Obviously it doesnt compare to going out with friends but its not horrible.
    A good phrase to use to link into a group of the oposite sex is "hi, looks like i've lost my mates so you're gonna have to adopt me :)"
  • Options
    "hi, looks like i've lost my mates so you're gonna have to adopt me "

:lol:

Well its blunt!

Or go to the nearest person with ice in there drink, pick a bit out... throw it on the floor and say.... now ive broken the ice... :thumb:
  • Options
    you'd be suprised! my line has worked quite a few times :D
    Last time i lost my friends in a walkabouts bar and befriended a group of rocker/emo type girls and proceeded to call them emos all night. they acted all pissed off but were only messing and seemed to love me so blunt = good imo :)
  • Options
    Yeah,I think I will probably go out alone sometime.I did join a running club but I was the youngest by about a decade!!That was when I was going for the army though........not sure I can be bothered to run anymore,although I do need to do some sit-ups............... :eek:
    The main thing Id be worried about is that on my own Id be an easy target for drunken thugs or something and there seems to be quite a few in luton centre.And knowing my luck Id meet every single one of them :rolleyes:
    The "I lost my mates" line seems alright I have seen before that people use it and get away with it.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    to love me so blunt = good imo :)

you mean good emo :p