Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anyone know...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Of any websites with sketching and painting tips? Im in the middle of a drawing of an animal and although im really happy with it, i want to improve the texture of the fur.

Ive been searching google for ages but all it does is suggest books for me to go and buy.

I need some step by step tips online only!

Comments

• Options
    That one seems quite complete...

http://www.artshow.com/resources/painting.html
  • Options
    just to add, this is the sort of detail i am looking for drawing_cheetahp.jpg
    ive flicked through a book ages ago in an art shop and theres a knack to doing it, i just cant remember what
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ooh another artist - have you seen this?
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Just practice drawing curves and shapes on a pice of junk paper. You can practice brush strokes, blending techniques, etc and learn how to get good at the basics which all come together in a painting. Take into consideration divine proportions to make your art appealing from a blurry perspective. So it's depths and hues present an image of softness of juxtaposition when looking at it with blurry eyes, you can hide forms and sub patterns within the painting like rasta layers on pc work. Thinking about odd patterns like esher drawings and dali paintings, getting something pharonic in there is always good. try and encode instructions to alien races living in the future with massive supercomputers capable of ammasing all the information on webpages on the net into a database so you can instruct them on the future. This is not only fun but you can change things in front of you and open mystical doors to whole new levels of being. Having the future in your finger tips is something to be proud of but be carefull.
    Of course, you'd need to know who you were talking to in order to get it right...

(*<<?

ive been trying to work it out myself for years and i cant get it right, hence wanting something step by step

i know theres a way of doing it, i just cant think what it is
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Ooh another artist - have you seen this?

how good do you have to be to enter?