Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microsoft Word problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Somehow the majority of the tool bar at the top of my microsoft word has disappeared. It's really annoying cos I can't get to font or anything without going through the long process.

It's happened before and I've managed to bring it back but can't seem to do it this time and it's really annoying me as I have so much work to do!
Does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried looking at the toolbar settings but to no avail.

Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    VIEW>>TOOLBARS

Select STANDARD and FORMATTING
  • Options
    if the toolbars are ticked in the "view, toolbars" menu, it could be that you've got more than one toolbar on one line and that half of one is offscreen.

you can remedy this by dragging the toolbar into a place where the whole toolbar can be displayed.

the start of a toolbar usually has some little dots in a vertical line. click and drag that bit to another spot (try the far left at the bottom of the toolbars) and the toolbar will undock and relocate to its new home.
  • Options
    also, if you're using word 2003, it has a nifty function on the toolbars that automatically puts toolbars on one or multiple rows.

i've attached a screengrab showing you where you'll be able to find that function. by clicking on the bit of the toolbar that the arrow points to, you get a popup menu with some options on it, including whether to have toolbars on a single row or multiple rows.
  • Options
    Ah wicked, thanks to you both, sorted it. Can't believe I didn't sort it months ago!