Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Premiership Title Race

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is it totally over yet, or is my team going to do one of those amazing comebacks like they did to take over arsenal and win it?? I really hope so but i cannot see it happening, we got the harder title run in and i just feel that we aint gonna win it this year, next year we might win it, as long as we buy 2 decent center midfielders.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    man utd have done well considering theyve lost key players like scholes, keane, heinze since the summer.

They have a chance of winning the title, its not over. They have to beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge, then anything could happen.

United show their class in their strike force, Saha is quick, scores plenty of goals, Ruud the goal poacher, gets in the right positions. Rooney - need i say more. Deffinately need to strengthen the midfield, theyve had about 8 players in the centre this season, none of them have been good enoug
  • Options
    i can see your point bout the center mate, we all know smithy is a forward and not a center midfielder. however much i like the bloke never is a center midfielder. saying that tho his heroics against chelsea were something to be admired. Our strike force is amazing and when heinze is fit our defence will be, just like u said mate we need the center sorted out...mascherano and gattuso would do me nice but i cant see us getting both.
  • Options
    If Chelsea carry on with there good home form then they've won it i reckon.
  • Options
    I still hate United but if you use your imaginations and just picture Mourinho's face if Liverpool reach the FA Cup Final and United pip them to the league.........it's almost worth sacrificing 3-points on Sunday for.

I can already picture the Manc's oiling up their T-Shirt making machines with Kenyon's face and the quote "the title winners will come from a small group of one".

It's come down to me wanting United to win the league.........that's how far Chelsea have come in the repulsion stakes.
  • Options
    One can dream but it's unlikely.

I can see us beating Chelsea but actually dropping points in matches where we expect to win (i.e. FUCKING MIDDLESBOROUGH!). But you never know, we are in incredible form, and given how boring Chelsea have been most of the season, I think we deserve it, especially considering the player losses we've suffered.

It would be the sweetest of all title races, better than when we clawed the Gooners back, but unfortunately it's not in our hands, as Chelsea have to drop more points apart from our game.

Fair play to the team though, we've only won one trophy but I'm satisfied with how we're playing this season and it bodes well for the future if we can get a couple (even one) really top midfielder. I don't know who the answer is (Zokora/Diarra?) but we'll have to splash out. Not sure about Mascherano, he's quality but didn't he only sign for Corinthians from River Plate in the summer - hardly gonna sell him already. Gattuso would only be a temporary solution but if we could get him on the cheap he'd be an asset. Combative/aggresive players seem to fit in well in this league (e.g. Heinze).
  • Options
    Can't see it happening. Its a shame we're not playing Chelsea instead on sunday, if we won I really would fancy it. Fact is they'll be champions by the time we goto Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    I can't see it happenning...don't want either of them to have the title... Man Utd are twats...chelsea throw money at the game and ruin it, come on wigan :yippe: :p
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    Can't see it happening. Its a shame we're not playing Chelsea instead on sunday, if we won I really would fancy it. Fact is they'll be champions by the time we goto Stamford Bridge.

I just wish some teams would show more bottle when they play them.

Liverpool and Arsenal just rolled over earlier in the season in *crucial* games and some other teams just accept a defeat, when really it's not hard to disrupt Chelsea if you get about them. You're obviously going to need a good centreback to deal with cheat and someone to nullify Lampard but when Chelsea have been outfoxed this season, they've looked very very ordinary.
  • Options
    As much as I despise Chelsea, I'll always hated Utd more. It's a matter of principle, in fact, Chelsea were one of my favourite teams before the takeover.
  • Options
    GO MAN U!!!
    i went to see them last weds against west ham. it was great :D
  • Options
    it's a shame we don't play chelsea sooner just to upset their rhythm a bit more, prolly too late by the time we play them......they have bolton and blackburn away yet so anything is possible, can't afford to fuck up against arsenal though, time to get physical hehe.....(bit like your av there goodfella, is that out of office space?)
  • Options
    I hope Man Utd come tantalisingly close, and then Ch£l$£a give them a thrashing of a lifetime to win it.

Vermin or vermin to win the league, some choice. I'd like to see both teams get 20 point penalties for their cheating.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I
    Vermin or vermin to win the league, some choice. I'd like to see both teams get 20 point penalties for their cheating.

Not watched much football this season then or still having trouble with the rules?
  • Options
    Champions Leagues wheres it at this year :p
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:

It's where it's at every year, it's the best competition.

Come back when you win it, or do a treble for that matter.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    It's where it's at every year, it's the best competition.

Come back when you win it, or do a treble for that matter.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Not watched much football this season then or still having trouble with the rules?

I've watched enough Portuguese and Dutch diving and cheating to last me a lifetime.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I've watched enough Portuguese and Dutch diving and cheating to last me a lifetime.

I want examples. It's easy to throw misinformed statements like that around but I watch every match and I beg to differ.

Please provide me with a few examples from this season and I'll believe you, I bet you can't.

On the other hand I can single out more dives by Reyes than the whole of Man United squad combined. Should Arsenal be deducted 20 points as well?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I want examples. It's easy to throw misinformed statements like that around but I watch every match and I beg to differ.

Please provide me with a few examples from this season and I'll believe you, I bet you can't.

On the other hand I can single out more dives by Reyes than the whole of Man United squad combined. Should Arsenal be deducted 20 points as well?

If we were to start deducting points, then every team in the Premiership would be affected. Not just those three.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

:lol::lol: ......like everyone isn't at it these days, and until refs can start dishing out reds for it nothing will change......
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

Was it this season or last where Fake Ronaldo and horsey boy were rolling around like shot horses at Goodison? And then swearing at the crowd for getting narked by it?

The three biggest cheats in the Premiershit are Horsey and the two charvers. That said, if Rooney cheats his way to a World Cup medal against the Argies or Germans, I wouldn't be too sad.

As for Chelsea, if you have a Portuguese manager you get that sort of behaviour.

Go on then.
  • Options
    :lol::lol: ......like everyone isn't at it these days, and until refs can start dishing out reds for it nothing will change......

It'd be nice to see it start with the Portuguese charver, he'd never stop being suspended :lol:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    If we were to start deducting points, then every team in the Premiership would be affected. Not just those three.

Exactly. It's a stupid concept, but divers should definitely face sanctions especially if they do it to try and get players booked (i.e. Drogba & occasionally Reyes).

I just think Ronaldo gets a hard time of it from ignorant fans, not that it bothers him much. He was a diver when he first came but he's grown up and I honestly haven't seen him at it this season, and anyone who isn't biased and understands rules would agree. Ruud's done fuck all this year as well.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Was it this season or last where Fake Ronaldo and horsey boy were rolling around like shot horses at Goodison? And then swearing at the crowd for getting narked by it?

Nah that one must be just in your head like most other things. Ronaldo didn't even play at Goodison Park. What a shite example. Struggling?

Go on then.

I can do it in one match. Carling cup semi-final against Wigan. He dived at least 4 times. In fairness the Arsenal crowd got really annoyed with him, and several of my gooner mates were screaming at the tv because he was going down so much.

It'd be nice to see it start with the Portuguese charver, he'd never stop being suspended

So you think the sanctions should extend to managers?
  • Options
    Drogba even admitted on live TV that he dives. Fucking scumbags who wreck the fluency of the game. I play an Irish sport called hurling and when we get a smack we get up straight away. No rolling about trying to win Oscars, I hate divers.
  • Options

That's not the answer because you know damned well that in the heat of the moment they will get it wrong sometimes.

This is something which can only be done after the game, five match bans after it's been looked at from several angles...
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:

If I'm honest mate, if you won it this year it wouldn't bother me, I don't really have a problem with Arsenal, the fans are all tarquin softys anyway. As long as them cunts down the east lancs rd are out and we're ahead of them in the league I'm ok. :)