Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

incest?

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Ok so this is a bit of an awkward one. My cousin informed me recently that she and another cousin kissed a few years back, and that she has feelings for him. I don't know how he feels about her, and certainly won't be bringing it up. What do you think? I know that cousins can marry, but do you personally think its right? and has anyone here ever done anything like that or even thought about it? I'm not quite sure what to say to her.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's me thinking this was going to be another noob thread saying "I'm fucking my sister right now", and it turns out to be a perfectly sensible thread in the end. How disappointing, I was looking forward to doing some flaming!

Anyway, bunny_0_, :) , kissing another cousin wasn't incest, of course. If they went further than that, it might be. It all depends on how closely related they are, and to do with genetic matters I don't understand. It's not strictly incestuous behaviour, but it's still cause for concern. Personally, I don't fancy any of my cousins, I think they're all dogs, but that's beyond the point. All I'd say to her is, make sure you know what you're doing.
  • Options
    i have a cousin that i think is attractive but am not necessarily attracted to, in the same way i think other girls are attractive but wouldn't go there. the thought of doing anything never crossed my mind because they are a relative but like you said, marrying your cousin is allowed but not necessarily socially acceptable anymore. we live in a different time from when that rule was first created and i don't think it should be abolished because some cousins aren't that close and you can'ty chose who you love. but genetically you are similar and if anyone has seen that episode of x-files with the inbred family it would well put you off touching a relative....
  • Options
    I don't think it's bad personally. I can see why other people would. I thought my cousin was pretty buff actually..hehe. Buut I wouldn't wanna uhh go there.
  • Options
    I'm sure theSite have got an article on this somewhere.
  • Options
    There are two cousins on my estate who are married and have 3 kids.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    There are two cousins on my estate who are married and have 3 kids.
    How many heads have the kids got?
  • Options
    How many heads have the kids got?

On average...4 with 60 toes each.
  • Options
    Cousins can kiss, fork, marry - pretty much everything. It's all legal :). There is a higher risk of diseases and gene-imperfections if they ever had children together.

The social implications are somewhat harder. Many people find the idea of family members shacking up together pretty shocking. Their initial thoughts are of incest - like yourself :).

Of course, it's only legal because some old king wanted to marry his cousin, and changed the law. But that is besides the point ;).
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't see a problem.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I suppose I'll have to talk to her about it, oh and i didnt know that about the law click, some great lawyer I'm going to be! :p
  • Options
    nothing wrong with cousins in my opinion. If you can find anyone that you feel strongl yabout and feels strongly about you then you are the luckiest person in the world, don't let crappy social conventions stop you.
  • Options
    its a bit icky IMO, but perfectly legal and ive heard of attractions happening between cousins reasonably often
  • Options
    It's tricky, but only because family often end up disapproving.

How old are your cousins? If they're young its probably a teenage crush, and it will pass. But sexual relations between cousins is legal.
  • Options
    I just think it is icky, even when it is only cousins!
    If there is no blood relationship, as in they are cousins by marriage or adoption, etc, Then i see no problem with it.
  • Options
    If they are actually blood related, I think it is disgusting and unnatural. Actually, I still think it is yuck even if they are not!
  • Options
    Kiss one of my cousin 9 years ago and was nearly into a relationship with her, but stopped quickly... She however send me love letter for years after that, always regrets I did it as her feelings got hurt in the process... And wanted to go out with an other one of my cousing... But well back then I had no morals, wouldn't d such thing now and it has never been sexual... I don't call that incest tho, if 2 cousin really love each other well then fine by me..

There is no recipe for love...
  • Options
    theyre both 21 kermit. theres the three of us all the same age, but i dont think any of the others have a clue.
    Yeah they are properly blood related, and thats where my issue lies. but after reading all of this, im thinking the majority think its ok. i dont think my family would think it was ok, if it got out however.
    did any of your family know NMM?