Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

could only happen to me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
last night my friend had her 21st birthday party at a village hall. we weren't quite sure where it was so my friend asked her boyfriend who lived in the nearby town and he'd said he thought it was such and such a building and showed her where it was.

when we got there, my friends waited in the car and i went to investigate. of course if you thought you were going into a village hall, you wouldn't generally knock on the door before you went in so i just walked through.

when i walked in the door there was just a hall way and 2 sets of stairs, and i could hear who wants to be a millionnaire playing and remember thinking 'strange party..!. this lady appeared over the banister at the top of the stairs with a little boy and said 'ooh' and i asked her if it was natalie's party and she said no, so i said oh so this isn't such and such village hall and again she said no. so i asked her if she knew where it was and she gave me directions. then it suddenly clicked...and i said 'is this your house?'

..and she said yes. :(:lol:

eta: she lived in a converted methodist church, so it resembled a village hall!

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :lol:

Awesomeness.
  • Options
    :lol: classic!
  • Options
    The shame of it!
  • Options
    i can't stop thinking about it, think i've traumatised the lady and myself for life!

i was in bed last night trying to get to sleep but it kept making me giggle/feel bad at the same time.

don't think i'll ever live it down!! though my friends would've done the same. just generally tends to happen to me. :grump: ;)
  • Options
    She should have locked her front door!
  • Options
    :lol: thats a cracker!

reminds me of this time i came back from town and there were police at my house with my mate in the car, one of the neighbours had rung the police thinking he was a burgler, was funny. he was just staying at my house while my parents were away
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :lol: Poor you! Amazing story though!
    She should have locked her front door!
    I agree.
  • Options
    LMAO thats so funny.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    :lol: so funny but poor you! i would've been mortified!
  • Options
    Haha! :lol:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    hahahaha! u poor thing, i wouldnt go there for a while, or maybe pop round with a sorry card lol!
  • Options
    i don't know the area very well so wouldn't be able to go around again unless my friend took me. i was very apologetic; but i think a card would be nice. there wasn't even a house number on her door so just looked like a posh village hall!

glad i've bought some laughter into peoples days!
  • Options
    Well laughter is supposed to be the best medicine and I;m poorly atm so you've helped on my way to recovery.........