Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Up shit creek....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..without a decent paddle!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So, friday night i go to leave work and car decides it doesnt want to start. Sounding like that same thing that needed replacing last year.
Luckily my Mum is around to give me a lift and i know a lad that works at the garage not too far away from the car park my car is stuck in.
I go there the next morning, he wasnt in but the other lads said they'd try have a look, but if not theyll just tow it back and do it monday morning.
Finished work, mum picks me up, we go past car park and me car is still there, not only that but they aint crook locked it up like i asked them to.
By some stoke of luck they were still at the garage saturday afternoon so i took the keys off them and locked it up.

My mums just gone on holiday and left her car at the airport and ive got to get to work tomorrow.
Buses wont get me there on time. Nobody around to give me a lift. Taxi will cost me £26 a day.

Ive dropped my keys off at the lads house with a brief note explaining why my keys are through his letterbox- so i dont even no that it will get fixed.

aaarrrgghhh!!! Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Speak to work and see if you can work a different shift were buses will get you there?

Walk?
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    ..without a decent paddle!!
    lcs70.JPG
    This is probably one of the most decent paddles you can buy ... :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Geek :p
  • Options
    Bothered!
  • Options
    i cant alter shifts. i work when it opens until it closes. Theres nobody i can swap with because i work in 2 different branches.
    Too far to walk, its about 9 miles.

Actually Kneehighstripeysocks- if u could find me a canoe for that impressive paddle ill go via the river- it runs into the city from here!!
  • Options
    why wouldn't a bus get you there in time? how late would you be? you could just explain to work the situation and that you'll be late.
  • Options
    Done!
    raven_top.JPG
  • Options
    hmmm ill either have to learn to canoe up a river or get a bus and be a bit late i guess.
    thanx
  • Options
    Im on my way to my camp america interview today an my car decides its a good time to start smoking from under the bonnet and the orange light comes on my dash board an a loud banging noise an i have to leave the motorway and then leave my car in the middle of a town cos im not a member of the AA or anything :( an to top it off i miss my interview
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Nice, that reminds me I must take up Kyaking again. I've got BCU level two and everything but haven't been able to afford my own boat.
    If you join a club you can use their boats and don't have to buy your own.
  • Options
    Someone repaired the dizzy in summer, but not only has it been leaking oil from there since, its now so totally gunked up the dizzy cap and rotor arm is buggered and need replacing, the dizzy needs cleaning up, re-wiring coz theyre frazzled, and hopefully it will start. Chances are its got so badly gunked that by trying to start it something in the dizzy may have blown all together and will need a pack thingy from a Honda dealer( i didnt really understand that bit)

I had it serviced at a different garage 2WEEKS AGO and nothing was mentioned to me about it so obviously they havent done the job very well because they should have taken the dizzy cap off to check it.

Garages piss me off.