Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Simpsons Movie - no, I'm not making this up...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
We've been waiting years and years for 20th Century Fox to do this, but finally it's here. They have confirmed that there will be a movie of The Simpsons, and it will be out in the USA in July 2007. Expect a premiere in the UK early 2008, then... >> details >>

Long overdue, but I welcome it. I just wonder what juicy story lines they've got for the film...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't exactly have high hopes, the series has been shite for years now.

Here's hoping, though.. :thumb:
  • Options
    Its very very rare (ok never) that you can turn a 20 minute show into a movie and succeed (especially a cartoon). I doubt this will be any different.

And I agree with Briggi, the show has sucked for a long time now, I doubt they are going to make a 360.
  • Options
    I know for a fact that I won't be seeing it in the cinemas.

TV? Perhaps.
  • Options
    Ooooo cant wait for this :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't exactly have high hopes, the series has been shite for years now. Here's hoping, though.. :thumb:
    They should have made one years ago, frankly. They could have had a whole series of movies by now, Fox would be awash with more money, and Mr Murdoch would be happy. ;)
  • Options
    Hmmmm, it's an idea that's been floating around for ages. I remember the big rumour about Dan Akroyd playing Homer. Interesting that it's happening now, when the Simpson's star is in decline.

Roll on the Aqua Teen film :D
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Hmmmm, it's an idea that's been floating around for ages. I remember the big rumour about Dan Akroyd playing Homer. Interesting that it's happening now, when the Simpson's star is in decline.

Roll on the Aqua Teen film :D

Now that would be one worth seeing!
  • Options
    I will be off to see it, though i admit, apart from an episode here and there it has been shit for a few years now!

Hope they do a better job then that crappy beavus and butthead movie!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    briggi wrote:
    I don't exactly have high hopes, the series has been shite for years now.

Here's hoping, though.. :thumb:

Yeah ;/

They seem to be WAY low on ideas.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Its very very rare (ok never) that you can turn a 20 minute show into a movie and succeed (especially a cartoon). I doubt this will be any different.

I agree and doubt too, but let's hope it will be great...
  • Options
    As much as I love the Simpsons I don't think this will be any good. I love Family Guy but I thought their movie was crap.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

And I agree with Briggi, the show has sucked for a long time now, I doubt they are going to make a 360.

the kevin and perry movie was a rare example where you can.

Things like Jackass: the movie were always going to be shit, because of the nature of the program, the storyline wouldnt fit a movie.

I wouldnt write of the simpsons, it could make an ok movie.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    the kevin and perry movie was a rare example where you can.

Things like Jackass: the movie were always going to be shit, because of the nature of the program, the storyline wouldnt fit a movie.

I wouldnt write of the simpsons, it could make an ok movie.

I don't think people are writing it off, but since they're not managing to keep 20 minute episodes consistently fresh and funny, it's unlikely that they'll pull it out of the bag for the film. Doesn't bode well, anyway...though of course people will see it and it'll make its millions regardless of whether it's quality or not.

I don't really know fundamentally that it lends itself to film format, and will probably end up feeling like a Simpsons marathon rather than a film in its own right. Who knows, though? They could have some interesting trick up their sleeve.

There are lots of TV shows that have spawned (and worked really well as) films, the most obvious probably being Monty Python. I loved The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse, too, and it wasn't just like an extended episode of the show...it was a twisted concept (how apt). :p
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    As much as I love the Simpsons I don't think this will be any good. I love Family Guy but I thought their movie was crap.

the family guy movie was effectively three episodes stripped together and edited a little
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't think people are writing it off, but since they're not managing to keep 20 minute episodes consistently fresh and funny, it's unlikely that they'll pull it out of the bag for the film. Doesn't bode well, anyway...though of course people will see it and it'll make its millions regardless of whether it's quality or not.

I don't really know fundamentally that it lends itself to film format, and will probably end up feeling like a Simpsons marathon rather than a film in its own right. Who knows, though? They could have some interesting trick up their sleeve.

all true, good points
  • Options
    I suppose there's a tiny, tiny chance that the people writing the 20 minute episodes won't be the only writers involved....... hell, maybe Conan O'Brien could be tempted back.......
  • Options
    BBC News wrote:
    Last Updated: Saturday, 1 April 2006, 08:55 GMT 09:55 UK

April Fools anybody?
  • Options
    1,2,3,4, yee-haa
  • Options
    If they decide to do a live action one - my suggestion
    William H Macy - Ned Flanders.
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    April Fools anybody?

Nah. THey had a preview for it too when I was at the movie Friday.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Nah. THey had a preview for it too when I was at the movie Friday.

Does it seems promissing from the preview?
  • Options
    Nice
    stargalaxy wrote:
    We've been waiting years and years for 20th Century Fox to do this, but finally it's here. They have confirmed that there will be a movie of The Simpsons, and it will be out in the USA in July 2007. Expect a premiere in the UK early 2008, then... >> details >>

Long overdue, but I welcome it. I just wonder what juicy story lines they've got for the film...

I simply can't wait for it. Hopefully, however, they don't ruin the show with a bad movie.
  • Options
    Does it seems promissing from the preview?

No. They started off by showing the Superman "S" and saying somethin gabout one of TV's greatest heros or something, then they zoom out and its homer wearing a superman shirt in his underwear on the couch and he says something about forgetting his lines. :|
  • Options
    IMDB already has this up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    No. They started off by showing the Superman "S" and saying somethin gabout one of TV's greatest heros or something, then they zoom out and its homer wearing a superman shirt in his underwear on the couch and he says something about forgetting his lines. :|

:chin: doesn't seem like a really good preview then...
  • Options
    The trailer.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    it will undoubtibly suck balls. the simsons hasn't been funny for a long time