Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thinner / less fly away hair..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,

This seems like a great forum, i stumbled accross it about 40mins ago and after reading a few posts thought id join and make my first post! Woo!

Currently i am trying some different hair styles.. i am used to having my hair extremely short but decided to go for a change last october, and have been growing / having it trimmed ever since.

All seems to be going well except my hair is so bloody fly away!! The only way i can get it to do what i want is by wearing a beanie for about 4 hours.. thus making the hair flat and straight.. and then doing whatever i want with it.

Does anyoen have any sort of tips to achieving this same effect.. as when i go to work in the mornings i cant wear a beanie for 4 hours prior :(

I am going to go to the barbers on thursday and get them to layer it a bit.. what do you rekon

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    serum and straighteners, or blast dry with a hairdryer from above
  • Options
    I am not convinced that my hair is long enough for straighteners.. i might give it a go though, is there an optimum length? :P

What is this serum you speak of? is it magic serum..
  • Options
    It's used to smooth the ends of hairs but I've used it for fly away bits at the top too just put a small amount in the palm of your hand a nd rub your hairs together and lightly move your hand down your hair.
  • Options
    M1nkeh wrote:
    I am not convinced that my hair is long enough for straighteners.. i might give it a go though, is there an optimum length? :P

What is this serum you speak of? is it magic serum..

my hair is very flyaway and i use a hair serum called schwarzkopf supersoft hair serum. its magical

as for straighteners, hair only has to be like 2 inches long to be able to use them. u can get superslim ones too for short hair, lots of men use them
  • Options
    Serum is good. :yes: I use biosilk by farouk systems. Cheap and nice. And ages ago I used to use frizzease. That worked nice and its really cheap also.
  • Options
    oh nice

ill check that stuff out thanks for the pointers

with regards to the superslim straighteners iv not seen them, who makes the best ones :)

ill have a search

Cheers!!