Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stuff that happened a long time ago

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok 1st post i think it's in the right place here goes.

When i was about 7/8 my Aunts boyfriend (he must have ben about 30 )used to call me over and ask me to kiss him. This was always whenever he came over (maybe once a month/every two months) to our house and everyone else was out of the room for the year or so they were together. Because he was older i guess i felt i had no choice so i did it even though i didnt want to but i wasnt exactly forced into it. I never spoke to anyone about this and never did anything to try and stop it even though i thought about it every time it happened. Recently he was mentioned in conversation i started thinking about what happened again. I mean, all he did to me was kiss me what if hes progressed and is asking other 7/8 year olds to do more than that? I doubt theres much i can do but i'm worried and i feel like if he was its sorta my fault coz i didn't do anything.

Advice reassasurance anything please.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think there's anything particularly odd in a relative asking you to kiss them. For example, my grandma always asks me to give her a kiss when I visit, and I always do. If he kissed you anywhere other than the cheek though, that could be very suspicious. Either way, you aren't to blame for anything that did happen.
  • Options
    He kissed me in a different kind of way to that,
  • Options
    marineblue wrote:
    He kissed me in a different kind of way to that,
    Ah. Well, you don't need to go into details, but what I do know for sure already is you aren't to blame for any of this.
  • Options
    Don't blame yourself for it. You were a kid, and he was an adult. He had the power in this situation, you did not. What he did was take an advantage of that power.
    Because he was older i guess i felt i had no choice so i did it even though i didnt want to
    Exactly, with an age difference like that, you really didn't have a choice.
    but i wasnt exactly forced into it.
    Yes, you were. Maybe not physically but psychologically and socially. Don't think that you could have stopped him, beacuase you couldn't. We live in a society where children are tought to obey grown-ups, even if they don't like it or make them feel uncomfortable. And at 7-8 years old you didn't fully understand what was happening, as you do now.

So don't ever doubt that - he is the one to blame 100%.