Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Winning the lottery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, forgive me if I'm sounding greedy ...

But if you win the lottery. A stonking £15m for example ...
Do you get all the permutations of the lesser prizes too, as technically, you do match 5 numbers 6 times, 4 numbers and 3 numbers god knows how many times (c'mon math geeks, work it out)?

Oh, and let's just make this interesting ...
5 numbers matched is £300,000
4 numbers is £20,000
and 3 numbers matched is £30.

What are your potential winnings?

disclaimer: All amounts are purely fictional and I don't fancy any fucktards replying with "but 3 numbers is only a tenner" blah blah bl..ah. I reserve the right to provide any sympathy for sore heads sustained by working out this useless equation.

Comments

• Options
    can't be arsed,but i could do with money!
  • Options
    Never play the lottery under 270m
  • Options
    wasted about 10mins of my life trying to find any mention of permutations in any rules on the camalot website.

Bascially, I hate you for making me look at their poopy website :P
  • Options
    if you ever need help with a definition, go to google and search for "define:[word]"

for example
    define:permutations

would get you this page

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3Apermutations&meta=

google is so much fun.
  • Options
    :heart: google.

Ooo lottery winning would be nice. But in answer to your question James, I don't think they'd give you all that as well because whenever someone wins the jackpot heaps of other people get the smaller prizes.
  • Options
    Yeah you cant get the big prize and the little prize you know! :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I dont need to win.

I just got £50 million from this bank! It is ace being rich!

Oh.. .fuck... did I say that?
  • Options
    makes me laugh when people who win the lottery say stuff like "it wont change who i am" , "im still going to work", "im gonna give it all to charity"

for a start, why enter?

It would change who i was STRAIGHT away, i'd tell my job to fuck off, get all my pals together and bugger off round the world for as long as i could be bothered, probably wouldnt work ever again.

what about you lot? would it "change" you?
  • Options
    Yeah I know what you mean koe_182. Winning more than the value of a house would change my life. Just think, with about a quarter of a million, you can pay off the mortgage and then live off of all the money you earn doing anything you like. Whether that job is being a brain surgeon or a bus driver.

If the winner is not a total retard, they could change their life completely with about £200K. Anyone who wins over a million and says it wont, is a pathalogical lier, and you shouldn't trust them.

PS I dont play the lottery, its a suckers game.
  • Options
    To answer your question James no you don't win ALL the prizes. You can only make one claim per ticket so if all 6 numbers did come up you can, if your stupid enough, only claim a £10.

And I hate it when these people don't put their winnings to use. I remember someone who won £3.5mill and still gets up at 6am to clean a school. I mean. Come on to fuck.

1) They've millions of pounds and don't need the extra income.
    2) They are taking up a post that could be filled by someone that really needs it.
    3) If they're doing it for the company buy a coffee shop and sit in it all day.

Wasted on some people.
  • Options
    1) They've millions of pounds and don't need the extra income.
    2) They are taking up a post that could be filled by someone that really needs it.
    3) If they're doing it for the company buy a coffee shop and sit in it all day.

Wasted on some people.

To be fair. I'd still work where I was.
    I enjoy it, and I'd miss the people.

I'd take great comfort having millions in the bank, but I'd be bored shitless shopping all day, or sitting doing nothing.

I like to put my time to good use, and work, for me, is that
  • Options
    BritJames wrote:

I'd take great comfort having millions in the bank, but I'd be bored shitless shopping all day, or sitting doing nothing.

I like to put my time to good use, and work, for me, is that

I'm with you on that one hun. Although I may smack some of the customers and just pay them off.........
  • Options
    BritJames wrote:

Fair enough. But do it for free so that your company can at least hire someone else :p

Or just buy the fecking place :thumb:
  • Options
    Another question, if you did win the lottery, would you even want anyone to know? You know, so people wont start treating you different. You wont be a proper posh rich person, just a lottery winner, but then you cant really hang around the pub anymore because everyone would want you to buy the drink etc.

Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone.

I might buy some gifts for people, and maybe always offer to pay for stuff. That way they may think I was daft with money, but would probably still see me as the same person I always was.

The way I see it, there is always someone richer than you, just like there is always someone smarter than you. So if you buy a 10 bedroom house, well then there's always that 11 bedroom house.

Like I've already said, depending on how much money I came into, I'd keep it a big secret and live a comfortable life living off the interest and my dayjob.

I'd probably set up a trust for a big whack of it, and pay into providing better mental health care and providing more accomodation for the homeless.
  • Options
    i'd probably tell everyone i possibly could.

i think it'd be amazing.
  • Options
    I'd only tell a very small group of people, because it's noone's business really. I don't go around at the moment telling everyone how much money I have, so why should it be any different if I have lots?

Clearly it would change things, because all those things that we'd quite like to have we could just get, etc.

I'd probably work out my notice at work. You never know, after all.