Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cyclists/walkers - some info needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm decidedly pissed off with the attitudes of the minority of road/public rights of way users, (drivers, walkers, cyclists and horse riders alike) and the general consensus seems to be down to crap education for all concerned.

I want to make a move to trying to do something about that, so I want to know if there's a specific group/organisation to get in touch with, for both cyclists and walkers - including dog walkers. I think I'm best starting small, so within West Yorkshire (specifically Calderdale) is preferable, but I'm fine with being pointed to a national organisation. :)

I plan on targeting my local riding clubs (as a horse rider I pretty much have this sorted) as well as any cycling/running/walking groups to try and sort out better education about the needs of other users, maybe via a leaflet to be given to members of each club/group, or if anybody has any other constructive suggestions those would be appreciated. :thumb:

Obviously it's easiest for me to do the riding side of thing, so I'll be back for info on what you guys want as cyclists and walkers. I think I'm fairly well versed in the arguments the different groups have having read several different types of forum, so I'd rather you kept any debating off here. ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments