Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

iPods hard drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My computers hard drive fucked up so basically my music is now only stored on my iPod. I've got close to 20 gigs on there and a lot of the CDs that it came from are fucked lost so I can't put them back on.

Is there anyway to transfer music from iPod back on to a computer? I have an apple if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    get a program called CopyPod, can copy to and from your ipod as you please. its free to trial and just comes up with a message you have to click on every 20 songs or so, so can be kind of annoying when i have loads to move. or if you like it, buy it
  • Options
    There are also several DOS programs for fixing hard drives Spinrite 6 and HDD Regenerator are two I used last night on my PC Hard drive as it was playing up, seems to have fixed the problems.

You should be able to stick an apple drive in a PC and have it try and fix the drive and rescue the contents.
  • Options
    theres a program i found just a wee while back called sharepod it runs from the hard drive of your ipod so you can use it on any computer that you plug your ipod into

tres useful i found sharepod
  • Options
    You should be able to stick an apple drive in a PC and have it try and fix the drive and rescue the contents.

Surely a PC would not be able to read a hard drive partitioned on a mac
  • Options
    yeh jsut use iTunes.
    Surely a PC would not be able to read a hard drive partitioned on a mac
    a Linux PC can.
  • Options
    bacon wrote:
    Just use iTunes?

Make sure automatic updating (or whatever its called) is turned OFF.
    Then just drag the files back into your library.

You cant take music off an iPod using iTunes... so that you dont go round giving it to all your mates...

All you can do is add or delete music.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    You cant take music off an iPod using iTunes... so that you dont go round giving it to all your mates...

All you can do is add or delete music.
    :no:

There is a way of doing it. I've done it twice. I just can't remember how. When I fins out I'll report back.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    There is a way of doing it. I've done it twice. I just can't remember how. When I fins out I'll report back.

That would be perfect ... i'm not to hot when it comes to computers so the simpler the solution the better :D