Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shock breaking news in Scotland: Rix sacked

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I never saw that one coming.

If I was a Hearts fan I'd be worried.

Not that Rix was ever anything but a puppet, but still.

Why can't all moneybags chairmen be like Brook Mileson?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Was just going to post this.

Honestly, that fucking Vladimir. I never thought that Rix was the right man for the job, and you're pretty much right calling him a puppet, but there's a time and place. And being in 2nd spot this close to the end of the season isn't the right fucking time or place!

That's all our players need, another fucking disruption and another manager out the window. There's no stability!

I wonder if we'll be able to nick Le Guen from Rangers...
  • Options
    oops read down
  • Options
    Heard this at work at lunch-time, what a feckin tool this romanov is, in pole position for second, champions league football next season, semis of the the cup and you sack you're manager.

Ok he was never the right man for the job everyone says but he wasnt doing to bad a job with how much interference was going on
    "We also felt that some of the signings made in January were not appropriate for Hearts."...

Then why the fuck do they let him sign him and to be honest it wouldnt surprise me if Rix didnt have much of a say in these signings.

Hearts are letting themselves get fucked to be honest, Romanov says he will have hearts winning the champions league in ten years time, changing your manager twice a season is not the way to better your team

Erm..... nope :p
  • Options
    Thing is though- if Romanov really is picking the team, he isn't doing too bad a job of it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Thing is though- if Romanov really is picking the team, he isn't doing too bad a job of it.

true, results are down since when burley left but still not bad at all.

if he wants to be picking th e team he should make himself the manager not have someone being his puppet for him

ETA Is scotland the same as england where you cant stay in the job of manager if you dont have the qualification things (example, glen roeder)
  • Options
    I think it is, its a UEFA rule not an EFA rule.
  • Options
    Romanov is a mad bastard. Who are they are going to get in to do the job now? Noone in their right mind anyway when they see how he runs the club.

Never liked Rix but he wasn't doing the worst job.
  • Options
    Nevio Scala, Lothar Matthaus and Claudio Ranieri are all favourites just now.

Romanov's puppet, who is coaching just now, Valdas Ivanauskas will probably be put in though. Here's hoping not. I want the big name they promised us last time.
  • Options
    Valdas Ivanauskas

i hope for your sake dude that he aitn staying for long, he's a failed manager in lithuania so i wouldnt hold out to much hope for him here :eek2:
  • Options
    By all means as the man with the money he is entitled to a say in how his club is run but he has taken it too far, he seems almost power mad. The main question now is, Who really wants to work under such a figure? Who wants to take that risk, it could be a dream job for someone but always having him literally looking over you're shoulder, making team selections or having a say in the team selection, that's not how football works, Charimen do the admin stuff, finds funds etc the manager runs the team.

Romanov promised so much, If he continues on this trend he isnt going to be able to deliver i believe because of the unrest he would keep causing.
  • Options
    i hope for your sake dude that he aitn staying for long, he's a failed manager in lithuania so i wouldnt hold out to much hope for him here :eek2:

Yeah, but at whose club did he "fail"?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yeah, but at whose club did he "fail"?

i will admit im not to clued up on that particular subject just saying from what i have heard on various websites papers, i jus think the man "romanov" is just trying to turn his club into a mini lithuania,

still though i think they will finish second :crying:
  • Options
    i will admit im not to clued up on that particular subject

He "failed" at FC Kaunas in Lithuania- prop: V. Romanov.
  • Options

Eck more like. Any time you want :thumb:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Eck more like. Any time you want :thumb:

Haha, get tae fuck!

Well we managed to beat Falkirk 2-1 today while Rangers won 1-0 so we've still got that 6 point advantage for second place and Champions League football.

Credit has to be given to the Hearts players, whatever has been thrown at them this season they've still managed to rise above it all.
  • Options
    This was probably the least shocking news. I can't see why any decent manager would want to take the job at Hearts now. Is a shame cos Hearts were doing so well at the start. if I was a Jambos fan I'd be pretty pissed off.
    Well we managed to beat Falkirk 2-1 today while Rangers won 1-0 so we've still got that 6 point advantage for second place and Champions League football.

I don't think Hearts can hold onto that lead tho. Still to play Celtic twice (once next week when Celtic can wrap up the title) and Rangers once. There's not much to choose between Hearts and Rangers but I think with this all going on hopefully Rangers can pip Hearts to 2nd place.
  • Options
    The more I've thought about it, the less worried I am. Yes, the way Romanov is going about things is fucked up and pretty stupid, but he's the one with the money, and without that money we certainly wouldn't have the squad we do and we wouldn't be in the position we are. Fuck, there might not even be a Hearts anymore!

I think the pressure is gonna be on Rangers to gte to second after the (mostly) dreadfull season they've had. The resiliance and character our players have shown this year has been outstanding, they know what a position they're in and they're not just going to lie down and let Rangers fuck them up the arse.

Besides, it's not as if Valdas is new to any of the players, he's been there for months and they know his style so there's no need to re-adjust. They're used to this by now, and so far they've just continued on with the campaign. Hopefully we can this time too.
  • Options
    Not that I'm cynical, but I'd expect Celtic to lose if it keeps rangers in third.

Rangers would certainly do it to them.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Not that I'm cynical, but I'd expect Celtic to lose if it keeps rangers in third.

It's quite possible, although if Celtic win then that's the trophy guranteed. It would be mathematically impossible for a team to catch them if they win one more game.

The bottom line for me is, if you're a Jambo, you've got to expect that they are the footballing equivalent of a fucking soap opera.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I do not know a single Celtic fan that would want this to happen. And if it was the other way round and Rangers were in Celtic's position I would never ever want the team to do that.
  • Options
    I think the pressure is gonna be on Rangers to gte to second after the (mostly) dreadfull season they've had.
    Yeah i agree with that. I really don't know what will happen but I can hope that Hearts fuck it up and we can take advantage!
  • Options
    Fuck you! Stop jinxing the best season we've had (and probably will have) in decades! :(
  • Options
    2nd or 3rd place it matters not. Qualification for EUFA may be a blessing in disguise as it's an achievable target with PLG on way and the likes of Kallstrom begging to come to glasgow, not to mention the fact missing out on Champs League money isn't such a big deal with the JJB arrangement.

Hearts and Celtic enjoy it while you can.

VIVE LA REVOLUTION :cool:
  • Options
    I know it's pretty fucking embarrasing drawing at home to Rangers these days, but still..

Romanov will get bored and fuck off soon enough and thus Tesco will open a new Tynecastle branch. Hopefully they make it into the Champions League though, just so we can laugh at Rangers.
  • Options
    Return of the sheep shagging bastard!

Hows it going mate?