Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

question bout my teeth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So its been 2 days now since I got the wisdom teeth pulled. The right side of my face is going on fine. The swelling is almost all the way gone as is the pain. The left side however is a different story. I can feel that its coming from the bottem left. Its still swollen quite a bit and quite painful. Is this anything to be worried about? I remember him saying that they had a bit of a problem with that tooth when removing it, but I was a bit dazed at the time. So I'm just curious, is this pretty normal or something I should be worried about and give them a call tomorrow? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Mmm, I would be tempted to give them a call, since they said that they had a slight problem, just to make sure. The fact that they had a small problem might be the cause of the pain lasting longer, as they might have to spend more time removing that tooth.
  • Options
    Its normal, just take painkillers. If it hasn't gone by the end of the week then phone them.
  • Options
    my swelling was at its worst after 2 days, and took a couple of weeks to fully go, so i wouldn't worry just yet, especially if it was a tricky one.

bottom teeth in particular, my surgeon guy said, tend to be huge pains in the ass. the top ones normally pop right out, but bottom ones can be a struggle. with mine, they had to roll back my gum, cut away a bit of jawbone and pick my bottom tooth out in pieces. i had stitches from under my tongue, across the gum and up the inside of my cheek. apparently this isn't unusual at all.