Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best day for getting...

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
...pissed.

Taken the jook for a stroll, necked a few hurricanes, I'm now pissed listening to some seriously uplifting hardcore... lovin life..

What did you make of today?
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    glad you're having a nice day. :)

i've been off work with sickness and that other thing today. :sour: :(
  • Options
    i've been off work with sickness and that other thing today. :sour: :(

At least you aint been grafting. Better have somebody looking after you.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    been feeling weird today... i was walking back from the shop, it was really humid and warm yet still raining, i guess it triggered something in me to make me feel really happy but sad at the same time and i really dont know why, its a pretty surreal feeling : o i just felt like sitting in the rain and contemplating randomness :D

will definately have a few cans tonight and just relaxxxx :cool:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have been studying all day and now I have stopped. However, instead of relaxing, I am doing bits of paper work. *sigh*
  • Options
    I have been studying all day and now I have stopped. However, instead of relaxing, I am doing bits of paper work. *sigh*

Fuck it off. Get wrecked.

Enjoy youreself. Fuck anybody else. Aye.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Skive wrote:
    Fuck it off. Get wrecked.

Enjoy youreself. Fuck anybody else. Aye.

*Next* weekend when the term is over I shall be doing that or similar :D
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    At least you aint been grafting. Better have somebody looking after you.

i'll have lost £50 wages and be getting a verbal warning for my day in bed today! i only have to have something like 2 days off a year sick before i get disciplinary action 'cause i work 1 day a week and tesco are silly.

well my mum was away so told my stepdad to look after me, he wasn't quite sure how to help to he just mopped my brow (it didn't need mopping!) and i said thank you.

but thank you for your asking whether someone had been looking after me.
  • Options
    *Next* weekend when the term is over I shall be doing that or similar :D

Good. Work hard, play hard.

6 days on the run, looking for a place to have some fun...
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i'll have lost £50 wages and be getting a verbal warning for my day in bed today! i only have to have something like 2 days off a year sick before i get disciplinary action 'cause i work 1 day a week and tesco are silly.

well my mum was away so told my stepdad to look after me, he wasn't quite sure how to help to he just mopped my brow (it didn't need mopping!) and i said thank you.

but thank you for your asking whether someone had been looking after me.

I sued to wrok at tesco's - wines and spirits - jank job - jank employer.

even McDonalds is better.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I sued to wrok at tesco's - wines and spirits - jank job - jank employer.

even McDonalds is better.

well they're generally alright but their policies are a bit shit and place too much emphasis on bloody queue length.

though i did ring in in december to say i wasn't coming in to work as my grandma had just passed away and i was going to her funeral and the lady was like 'well can't you come in the day before' and 'when are you making the hours back'. my mum rang in and complained! :D

i take it jooks are dogs.. ;)
  • Options
    well they're generally alright but their policies are a bit shit and place too much emphasis on bloody queue length.

though i did ring in in december to say i wasn't coming in to work as my grandma had just passed away and i was going to her funeral and the lady was like 'well can't you come in the day before' and 'when are you making the hours back'. my mum rang in and complained! :D

i take it jooks are dogs.. ;)

Yes, Jooks are dogs.

...and Tesco have to the worst employer I've ever worked for. Fuck it off. You can do better.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Yes, Jooks are dogs.

...and Tesco have to the worst employer I've ever worked for. Fuck it off. You can do better.

you'd be right there! been there 4 years now part time while i'm at college/uni. i doubt i'd find another job with the hours i want and that pays £5.88 an hour that's the thing.
  • Options
    If you get a hard time for being genuinely poorly, your employer is a cunt, and the job aint worth a wank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    you'd be right there! been there 4 years now part time while i'm at college/uni. i doubt i'd find another job with the hours i want and that pays £5.88 that's the thing.

McDonalds. I had a good laugh, and could dictate the hous. They're good employers.

You just have to put up with the wankers taking the piss - they don't know what the score is.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    If you get a hard time for being genuinely poorly, your employer is a cunt, and the job aint worth a wank.

you speak sense! i had a chest/ear infection a bit ago but made myself go to work 'cause it's such a faff if you don't go. you have to have a welcome back meeting and get interrogated about your reasons for being off. but today i thought fuck it i'm staying in bed! i'm a good employee, yet going to get a verbal 'cause i was ill. but i don't think it'll ever get mentioned when i use them for references...?
  • Options
    you speak sense! i had a chest/ear infection a bit ago but made myself go to work 'cause it's such a faff if you don't go. you have to have a welcome back meeting and get interrogated about your reasons for being off. but today i thought fuck it i'm staying in bed! i'm a good employee, yet going to get a verbal 'cause i was ill. but i don't think it'll ever get mentioned when i use them for references...?

I know about that.

Every time you call in sick working for tesco's you have to have a meeting. Bollocks if you ask me.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    ...pissed.

Taken the jook for a stroll, necked a few hurricanes, I'm now pissed listening to some seriously uplifting hardcore... lovin life..

What did you make of today?

Did sod all, lazed around my room... I have a mixture of a come down from friday and a hang over from last night!

Was all good fun though! :thumb:
  • Options
    £5.88 seems pretty tight, if you've been working their 4 years! if you dont mind me saying

my mate works on the tills once week and after a year he got to £6.50/ hour. maybe its different being away from London.

On the subject of being pissed on a Sunday, its deffinately more popular than i thought, people dont hold back at the pub i work in! I never have the energy by the end of the week, myself
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    McDonalds. I had a good laugh, and could dictate the hous. They're good employers.

You just have to put up with the wankers taking the piss - they don't know what the score is.
    I've heard the exact same thing from quite a few people :thumb:
  • Options
    I have done fuck all today :D
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    £5.88 seems pretty tight, if you've been working their 4 years! if you dont mind me saying

my mate works on the tills once week and after a year he got to £6.50/ hour. maybe its different being away from London.

On the subject of being pissed on a Sunday, its deffinately more popular than i thought, people dont hold back at the pub i work in! I never have the energy by the end of the week, myself

pretty sure it's £5.88. might be £6.88 (doubt it!). i only work sundays and get time and a half so it works out well. if i'd started working there a few months earlier i would've got double time. :grump:

eta: i've lost 4lbs in 1 day from being ill. :o
  • Options
    pretty sure it's £5.88. might be £6.88 (doubt it!).

Yeah it would be cause i get £5.86 put people that work on checkouts get about 2/3p more an hour :p
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

Sunday is the start of my weekend. I want to go out but I think all my mate's are being "sensible" :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Stoner Sunday :yes:

Best way to wind down after a self-abusing weekend.
  • Options
    Yes Sunday is usually a day for relaxing and recovering from friday and saturday night.

Though if there's a big game on...a few pints in the pub doesn't go a miss.