Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone speak German?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

I was selling a CD on ebay and a German dude bought it. I need international buyers to pay with paypal and, well, after 18465897 reminders he aint paid up yet. I got this message from him today:

ok, but, sorry i don't know in englisch. german: ich habe scho den artikel schon mit verrechnungscheck bezahlt, laut myebay und ich weiss nicht wie ich das ändern kann. gr. meijs

Can anyone translate it please? Thanks so much! :)

Comments

• Options
    If you put in babel fish... it comes out as

I have scho the article already with accounting checks paid, loud myebay and I know not as I that to be changed can. gr. meijs

Dont think its quite there! :chin:
  • Options
    Nein.
  • Options
    I've already paid for this item with the accounting cheque (paypal), and I don't know what else I can do.

GWST isn't 100% certain because it seems a little nonsensical, but that's what it should mean.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    If you put in babel fish... it comes out as

I have scho the article already with accounting checks paid, loud myebay and I know not as I that to be changed can. gr. meijs

Dont think its quite there! :chin:

Hmmm....thanks for trying :) He did say he was going to send me a cheque and that's how this whole nonsense started. Maybe I should just leave negative feedback. :confused:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I've already paid for this item with the accounting cheque (paypal), and I don't know what else I can do.

GWST isn't 100% certain because it seems a little nonsensical, but that's what it should mean.

Oh right I see. Thanks guys! I've certainly not received a payment. How come he knew enough English to buy the thing but not to pay for it? Hmmmm.... :chin:
  • Options
    Sounds like you may have been conned hun. Try contacting ebay itself. See if they can find out a bit more???
  • Options
    I wouldn't rush into saying he's conned anyone, but there's a lesson to be learned in that you don't send goods off till payment is received.
  • Options
    Yeah exactly. You can get so easily ripped off on Ebay. Maybe I should just leave negative feedback. I mean the auction ended 1 week ago and he has not paid. I just don't wanna get negative feedback in return :p

Anyway, thanks for your help :)
  • Options
    Maybe the cheque hasnt arrived yet.... if hes paying by cheque you should wait a decent time for the cheque and then wait for it to clear before sending anything off. ebay forums would be great for this kind of problem :)

strange thing once. I paid for a small item (1.99 or something) off ebay, a week later I received an email from ebay about a non paying thing. turns out i hadnt actually paid for it, i checked my paypal invoices but it wasnt there. but i do remember clicking the 'pay now' link, going into paypal and sending the payment. weirdest thing ever.