Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

flatmate troubles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and one of my flat mates got on really well when we first moved in. we clicked straight away. we're living together next year, the contracts signed and i dont wanna get a different house coz of our other mates who are living with us.

he's started being really snappy with me. ive already said something to him and he said he was sorry and things were ok for a few days. But now he's ignoring me, like when i speak 2 him he just blanks me. I dont know what ive done and i wanna get back to normal for the sake of the house next year.

i dont no what to do. i spoke to the rest of the group and they noticed he's bein funny with me and none of them no why either.

anyone got any advice??

Comments

• Options
    i haven't quite got any advice but i'm in a similar position but i'm the one being off with my flatmate but for good reason. i haven't spoken to her because it's a personality clash more than anything, we used to be quite close but now she's been shown for who she really is and it's not nice. the best thing you can do is talk to him and if that doesn't work you'll just have to be flatmates and friends...
  • Options
    If you have no idea why he's being like this, then maybe he is having personal problems, and he ended up taking it out on you.

If you drink, how about you all go and get drunk together, that's usually a sure way to make friends closer.

Otherwise, the only thing I can say is I dont really like any of my flatmates, I just keep to myself. We dont go out together, and I dont argue with anyone.

Living with strangers is weird, because unlike family, if you do something wrong, they probably wont just forget it.
  • Options
    speak to him again?
  • Options
    If this has only started recently, there's probably something else wrong. Try to get him talking, but if necessary, point out you're not going to tolerate him being so bloody snappy.
  • Options
    i spoke to him, he said he's had alot on and he does it without realisin. i just told him that he shouldnt take it out on me and no one speaks to me the way he has been and that he can take it out on someone else. he said sorry and has been fine today