Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need some girly advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I posted a thread on here a few weeks ago about my periods - I'm on microgynon 30 but a week into a new pack (I was taking two packs back to back though), I started getting very thick, dark (almost black) discharge which got heavier. I have never had problems before with the pill or with taking two packs together, however, it has now been almost three weeks since I came on (although it wasn't normal heavy bleeding to begin with) and I am getting quite worried. I have now got to the end of the pack and am on my week off but my period is a lot heavier than usual and I've already lost a lot over the last two and a half weeks.

I saw the doctor this morning and he said it could be an infection through having unprotected sex (but neither myself or my boyfriend have been with anyone else), or it could be something more serious - like what?? I really didn't like the doctor and some of my friends have now said that they have had problems with him before, so I didn't like to ask too much, but now I'm just too confused and worried. He said it could be something serious but not to worry about it until my period has stopped then I can have some smears taken. But naturally I'm going to worry when he says it could be something more serious.

Has anyone had a similar problem or can explain how I could have got an infection when neither me or my boyfriend have had sexual partners before? I would really like some feeedback.

Thank you x

Comments

• Options
    Vaginal discharge info

Did he give you any medication or any advice on what to do?

Make sure you go back for your smear and if you still have the discharge get them to take a swab.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks very much for your help. I may give the FPA a call. I emailed a woman's health website adn ot a reply back which has been most useful as well. Apparantly it could be that i have a retroverted uterus (backward tilting) instead of it tilting forward and so the very dark discharge I was getting was just stale blood that had got stuck inside. Once I have finished menstruating I will go to the doctors (asking to see a different one) and have an examination as the email I got back said that there could be a number of reasons for this happening but without being seen properly they can't tell.

At least my mind is put at rest a bit after the doctor just worried me.

Thanks very much x
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Vaginal discharge info

Did he give you any medication or any advice on what to do?

Make sure you go back for your smear and if you still have the discharge get them to take a swab.

No, the doctor was useless. Didn't give me any medication or tell me what to do apart from wait until I have stopped menstruating then go back. I will definately go for a smear or examination but will ask to see a different doctor. This one wouldn't even look me in the eye and just made me panic.