Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leeds for the premiership?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Couldn't have turned out worse...... :wave:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wondered if you'd ever rear your Scummy head round here again :p

Leeds are doing very well, shame to do poorly on Tuesday, still, I reckon we'll make it this year!
  • Options
    Nah they wont. Somehow Cardiff are still in with a shout in the playoffs though. :thumb: Ninian Park in the Premiership would be embaressing though.
  • Options
    if cardiff go up i could see them attempting to play at the millenium stadium instead
  • Options
    Wasn't hiding I promise. Have to accept when your beaten though, even if it is by money, and I'm not talking about Chelsea. :)
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    if cardiff go up i could see them attempting to play at the millenium stadium instead

We can barely get 12000 into 22000 capacity Ninian park on a good day though let alone anywhere near 75000 fort he Millenium Stadium!
  • Options
    Fuck Leeds...my brother supports them and I like slagging him off about them being in division 1 or whatever ya call it these days
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Fuck Leeds...my brother supports them and I like slagging him off about them being in division 1 or whatever ya call it these days

Championship.
  • Options
    Ahhh Godscop my old scum bag.
    Leeds have had an excellent season considering everything thats gone on in the last few years. Dis-appointing result on Tuesday but we've still gained 15 points or so on 2nd place in the run-in. Still think we have a very good chance of making the automatic promotion spot but if not a place in the play-offs has to be classed as a very good season and I would have taken that at the start most definately.

Not getting to the knockout stage of the champions league - is that classed as a good season for our scummy lancaster neighbours???
  • Options
    Its turned out a decent season in my view, we deserved to get knocked out of Europe because we failed to score in four games, two of them at home. Nobody has the god given right to go through its got to be earned, we were playing some dire shit around that time.

Anyway it cost Glazier x amount of millions so theres an upside to everything, the cunt.
  • Options
    I'd just like to state on record that I am a Watford fan for the rest of the season.

Warnock is a cunt and Bates is a cunt.

I'd just like to know where Leeds have found the money to build an entire squad out of £1m strikers. Something doesn't sit right.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    Its turned out a decent season in my view, we deserved to get knocked out of Europe because we failed to score in four games, two of them at home. Nobody has the god given right to go through its got to be earned, we were playing some dire shit around that time.
    It must have gotten bad if your happy with your season. Knockout before group stage of champs league, out of FA cup, and fighting for only 2nd in the league and only the carling cup as silverware (a trophy only important enough to put out young players). Your standards and aims have dropped considerably over the past 2yrs.

As for Glazer, didn't think he'd done much wrong or much to complain about since taking over?? Once all the hype calmed down I thought the scum fans had kind of accepted that he wants to win things for the club?? That was my view, am I wrong??
  • Options
    Apart from in Big Cup, the league can only really hope for 2nd place at the minute.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'd just like to know where Leeds have found the money to build an entire squad out of £1m strikers. Something doesn't sit right.
    Don't understand, explain??

Just for the record, Bates is my new god, he's saved Leeds from extinction which makes him a god in my eyes.
  • Options
    Don't understand, explain??

Leeds have a debt in the order of £80m.

Healys, Blakes and Hulses don't grow on trees.
    Just for the record, Bates is my new god, he's saved Leeds from extinction which makes him a god in my eyes.

I don't think he has.

He's just hidden the debt somewhere.

Same as what he did at Chelsea.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Leeds have a debt in the order of £80m.
    Healys, Blakes and Hulses don't grow on trees.
    I don't think he has.
    He's just hidden the debt somewhere.
    Same as what he did at Chelsea.
    Lot to learn Kermit my friend about Leeds. Quite a bit of the debt was wiped out by the old board but there was till a lot of debt hanging over our heads. If Ken Bates hadn't have come in Leeds were looking at liquidation and it would have being the end of Leeds Utd.
    Bates has taken over and cleared most of the debt and give Blackwell money to bolster his strike force. Blackwell has to be given a lot of credit for what he's managed to do with Leeds, when he took over at the start of his first season he didn't have a team to put out on the first day of the season and now we're looking at the play-offs 2yrs later. Blackwells another god of mine :yes:

Theres an article somewhere about the trouble Leeds were in but I can't find it. If Bates hadn't taken over Leeds wouldn't have a team now.
  • Options
    Bates has taken over and cleared most of the debt

Where's he cleared it to?

Debt doesn't just disappear. I suspect you may learn that the hard way when Bates gets bored.
    Blackwell has to be given a lot of credit for what he's managed to do with Leeds, when he took over at the start of his first season he didn't have a team to put out on the first day of the season and now we're looking at the play-offs 2yrs later.

Blackwell has done a very very good job- he even took Cadamarteri off our hands :yippe: Seriously, he is a very good young manager.

Just don't mention we ended up with him back again. At least his salary was reduced.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Where's he cleared it to?

Debt doesn't just disappear. I suspect you may learn that the hard way when Bates gets bored.
    I really don't know, I wish I could find that article because it explains that Leeds were a couple of weeks away from being extint, so Bates must have come in and put some money in to get the creditors off our back because we would have still gone under otherwise.
  • Options
    leeds are hardly on promotion form, only 2 points from their last 9. They may win the playoffs, after coming third behind us.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And they say Watford fans are the second stupidest fans in the country.

behind Burnley, it goes without saying.

Kermit wrote:
    I'd just like to state on record that I am a Watford fan for the rest of the season.

heheheh. shot yourself in the foot their.
  • Options
    I really don't know, I wish I could find that article because it explains that Leeds were a couple of weeks away from being extint, so Bates must have come in and put some money in to get the creditors off our back because we would have still gone under otherwise.

I expect that what he did was guarantee certain loans, and ensured they were re-structured.

We had something similar happen, although our chairman took the ground away from the club and put it in his pension fund in order to clear the debts tied to it.

Our trouble now is that we've had a sudden surge in the mortality rate in Bradford. 20,000 singing "city till I die"- well, they must have all fallen under buses when they saw we'd resigned Cadamarteri.
    wrote:
    heheheh. shot yourself in the foot their.

well, I am a Watford fan now;)
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    leeds are hardly on promotion form, only 2 points from their last 9. They may win the playoffs, after coming third behind us.
    Taking facts from last 3 games doesn't exactly give you correct "form" now does it??
    2 defeats in the last 16 games isn't bad going, obviously few draws in there but at least we've being picking points up. Also the Palace game was the first defeat of this calendar year I believe. So "form" not bad i'd say.

Plenty of things to happen yet, more twists and turns and anyone of 4 clubs could end up with the automatic promotion spot, no-one in the league has a right to it, its got to be worked hard for and it will be a very interesting run-in. Made more so interesting by Leeds losing to Palace.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I expect that what he did was guarantee certain loans, and ensured they were re-structured.
    Also don't forget we've sold Thorpe Arch and Elland Road
  • Options
    Also don't forget we've sold Thorpe Arch and Elland Road
    Ah yes, of course.

Thorpe Arch was worth a packet.
  • Options
    It must have gotten bad if your happy with your season. Knockout before group stage of champs league, out of FA cup, and fighting for only 2nd in the league and only the carling cup as silverware (a trophy only important enough to put out young players). Your standards and aims have dropped considerably over the past 2yrs.

The standards haven't dropped, but we've got to be realistic with Chelsea's never-ending cash to compete with. The bar has been raised and we've got to meet the new challenge. Any other season we'd be top of the league but now we realise we have to improve. I don't think we're that far off.

It's not a disappointing season in that we're second, scored the same amount as the leaders, played the better football, and a trophy in the bag. We've got a young nucleus of talent and we've just got our midfield to sort. Europe was disappointing but Benfica and Villareal have shown they're no clowns. Still should have qualified.

As for Glazer, didn't think he'd done much wrong or much to complain about since taking over?? Once all the hype calmed down I thought the scum fans had kind of accepted that he wants to win things for the club?? That was my view, am I wrong??

I haven't been disappointed with the Glazers so far. I never got carried away by the hype either you'll probably remember. As long as we get the 2 midfielders promised in the summer I'm happy. You can't argue with the £12 he supplied for squad defenders in January. Would have been nice to get Vogel on loan as a short term midfield solution but unfortunately it didn't materialize. I'm willing to be patient, a team that can challenge is being built.
  • Options

I said its turned out decent season, we started very poorly. I am not one of these 'manu fans' who expect to win every game, the team is not as good as it was and I think 2nd place is respectable. If it wasn't for us, Chelsea would be ahead by an even bigger margin, and we're the only team that is likely to challenge them in the future.

The problem with Glazier is that he wasn't wanted by the real supporters, many of whom refuse to attend games anymore, so the atmosphere has been shit most of the time at OT. I had already renewed my season ticket before he took over last year but I won't be this time. I am sure he does want to win things, trophies = $$$$$$$$..

The yank cunt wasn't wanted, isn't wanted and never fucking will be as far as I am concerned.