Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

up or down? curly or straight?

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Okie doke, I have my ball tomorrow night, and although it is a ball, its not overly posh and I have a simple dress. How can i wear my hair? Its long, layered and blonde with a side fringe. Just straight looks boring. I have curling tongs, straighteners and a hair dryer...work your magic!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    curly :thumb:
  • Options
    Straight with a few ringlets?
  • Options
    if you are wearing ear-rings then you could wear it up in one of those french pleat things and have a few stray curly bits
  • Options
    curly is good, but could take forever!! anyone know how to do it so its a tad quicker? i cant do straight with ringlets, once the straigteners have touched the hair, it refuses to curl at all!! my hair is too long to do a french pleat, but that would have been lovely! :D
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    curly is good, but could take forever!! anyone know how to do it so its a tad quicker? i cant do straight with ringlets, once the straigteners have touched the hair, it refuses to curl at all!! my hair is too long to do a french pleat, but that would have been lovely! :D

nah its not too long, instead of simply twisting it upwards and pinning, you then twist it down again (and up again if needed) then pin it all under the foldy over bit. Thats what i used to do and my hair was down to my arse crack
  • Options
    Straight with a few ringlets?
    Absolutely NOT. Yuck.

I reckon, just get the tongs on it. That's what I'm doing for my interview 2moro (slightly different to a ball, but nm!) haha.

I say Curly, and down. Ilora x
  • Options
    how about whatever your natural texture is, wavey or whatever. Pin the sides back to show your ears using pretty clips then tong spirals into the lower part of the hair.
  • Options
    i took your advice katralla, and i had it pinned back and tonged. cheer hun :thumb: however, i am now at work, and it is still like it :blush: thats right im a dirty bitch who couldnt do her hair this morning!
  • Options
    Post us a pic soon!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i took your advice katralla, and i had it pinned back and tonged. cheer hun :thumb:

I am teh coolest! lol. Pictures please :D
  • Options
    I had my hair set in rollers for my prom and I still had curly hair 3-4 days later... :eek2:

Ilora x
  • Options
    I had my hair set in rollers for my prom...Ilora x

photos please