Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

making self sick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what can i do to make myself sick other than plain sticking my fingers down my throat? (like what foods / food mixes are guaranteed to do it?)

and let me just say - im not asking this because of food disorder or anything like that.

just that i feel like PURE HELL. :crying: my stomach is absolutely killing me, i have a headache, body is aching - the lot. i think it might be food poisoning myself (ate some pork yesterday morning that might have done it!)

ive had pills, ive tried napping, virtually everything and now i just want to be sick. let everything out of system. but for some reason i just CANT. never have been able to but i really reeally want to. i can just tell it will make me feel better afterwards.

if people dont know or dont WANT to tell me something like this then thats fine.

oohh i hate being ill :( :no:

Comments

• Options
    smoke 10 cigars straight
  • Options
    Oh I know what you mean and I feel so bad for you! Last week I ate some cheese and felt just rotten, Ifound out later that the cheese was past its date by a month :p Sometimes just puking really makes you feel better. [no not promoting it though of course ;)]
    Dont mean to be nosy, but is there a reason why no hand down the throat? Weird question :\ Maybe a toothbrush?
    Sometimes just sticking my head in a toilet makes the feeling come.
    Or are there any smells that you just can't stand? Like maybe a smell with a bad memory that could make you lose your lunch?
    Or there is always the syrup of ipicac or something, its made to make you throw up, usually given to people if they drink something poisenous or something. I know at least here it can just be bought in any store.
  • Options
    i dont know why, but using fingers (or toothbrush for that matter) just doesnt work! i tried before but nothing happened, much to my frustration.

there are smells that i really hate and would help, but i dont happen to have any of these items in the house so thats not an option!! i was thinking about making some sort of drink with loads of stuff mixed in to make it taste nasty though. i just dont know what food to use.
    id try the ipicac but dont have any - shops are too far away and tbh i dont feel up for walking anywhere :( god this whole process is frustrating lol
  • Options
    If you try and subject yourself to foul smells and stuff not only will you be sick but you'll feel rotten. I was sick last night because I had a poorly throat and it was itchy and I tried to scratch it :( I'm so dumb. I felt bad as well, because it was a nice dinner.
  • Options
    I didn't mean like bad smells in general, but just smells that are bad to you, if that makes any sense. Like if I get a strong whif of the green listerine, I'll puke, or smelling a sour puckers drink, like a barf worthy smell by association or something :p
  • Options
    How about drinking some very salty water? I always feel a little like throwing up when I end up shallowing some sea water by acident.
  • Options
    If you try and subject yourself to foul smells and stuff not only will you be sick but you'll feel rotten. I was sick last night because I had a poorly throat and it was itchy and I tried to scratch it :( I'm so dumb. I felt bad as well, because it was a nice dinner.

i think i pretty much feel as rotten as is possible! :( so i dont think it will make a difference.

just looked in the kitchen and it seems i dont have anything in that will do the job anyway.

gaaah i just want to go to sleep. i tried before though and i just could not take mind off pain! to sore to even attempt to sleep again
    How about drinking some very salty water? I always feel a little like throwing up when I end up shallowing some sea water by acident.
    ah good idea! that might well do the trick. thanks for suggestion :)
  • Options
    Is it a nasty in the tummy feeling? Maybe eat some bread or antacids? It wont make you puke but maybe soak up the feeling that makes you want to.
  • Options
    the fingers thing will work, you need to get them right down the back of your throat, make sure you're near a toilet or something though :p

just hold them there for a bit and it should come up.. im no expert, i have done if a few times when i've drunk too much and known i was gonna chuck up, it makes you feel much better. But yeah, it should hopefully work.
  • Options
    you could phone up nhs direct

its what i did when i had large second degree burns, and after saying theyll call me back in 2 hours, called back to tell me to go to accident and emergency.

if you drink lots & lots of water itll make you throw.
  • Options
    just tried drinking a glass of salty water - worked wonders :D thanks for suggestion little_one

and like i thought, i DO actually feel a little better (although still bad enough!!)

thanks for everyones suggestions :)
  • Options
    Yay glad you feel better and hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    I've never actually tried it myself, but I will remember it for the future, as least its a cheep and easy solution.

p.s glad you are feeling better. :)
  • Options
    ooh. I was going to suggest a McD milkshake as they always repeat on me, but I'm too late...
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Is it a nasty in the tummy feeling? Maybe eat some bread or antacids? It wont make you puke but maybe soak up the feeling that makes you want to.

And if you eat bread, doesn't that mean that you won't bring up bile or whatever it is? This is what I got told by my dad last year when I found that being on my period made me throw up - even though he told me that it was a virus...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    And if you eat bread, doesn't that mean that you won't bring up bile or whatever it is? This is what I got told by my dad last year when I found that being on my period made me throw up - even though he told me that it was a virus...

works for me when ive got a hangover and think im gonna be sick
  • Options
    i wish i could be sick and not mind :(
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    This is what I got told by my dad last year when I found that being on my period made me throw up - even though he told me that it was a virus...

Well, it must be catching- all dem year ten girls sseem to be getting it, and you know how close they are, going to the toilets together and everything.
  • Options
    sorry for brining this up, but incase anyone wants to know for future reference, one third of the population do not have a gag reflex which is probably why you were having trouble making yourself sick in this way.

There is a syrup called ipecac syrup which induces vomiting, though misuse is pretty dangerous.
    ipecac syrup
    However, sometimes the food may have been digested past the stomach so vomiting wont really help you.
  • Options
    clara wrote:
    sorry for brining this up, but incase anyone wants to know for future reference, one third of the population do not have a gag reflex which is probably why you were having trouble making yourself sick in this way.
    Who told you that? It's not true.
    There is a syrup called ipecac syrup which induces vomiting, though misuse is pretty dangerous.
    ipecac syrup
    However, sometimes the food may have been digested past the stomach so vomiting wont really help you.
    Ipecac is not even used in hospitals these days and is definitely NOT recommended for use at home.
    BNF, bnf.org
    "Induction of emesis (e.g. with ipecacuanha) is not recommended because there is no evidence that it affects absorption and it may increase the risk of aspiration"
  • Options
    clara wrote:
    Yeah in that case you'd need some lovely laxatives :D
  • Options
    sorry, didnt know it wasnt used anymore, just heard about it a few years ago...
    in that case, please ignore what i said about ipecac!