Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dry skin after showering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i seem to get dry skin on my face after showering, not everywhere just around my nose area.. it goes away once i've washed my face afterwards, i was just wondering why it happens... maybe the waters too hot or something? surely having water on your face shouldnt dry it out :/

ps: i dont moisturise, maybe i should ;p

Comments

• Options
    yep, moisturise, and drink more water.

pat your face dry instead of rubbing.

;)
  • Options
    It happens to me too. Even just plain water. Don't know why, so I'm useless here. I'd say maybe your water is too hard but I have soft water and it still happens. If I wash or just wet my face I need to moisturise straight after else my skin feels all tight and itchy.
  • Options
    its because your skin can get chapped, just like your lips, by repeated wetting+drying. Moisturise and pat your face dry as britjames said! :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks guys...

i do pat my face to dry it though. i suppose it doesnt help getting out of the shower every morning then drying my face then wetting it again to wash it.. i'll try to find a decent moisturiser, i guess its not the drinking water thing either, on average i'll have 3-5 pints of it a day :)
  • Options
    Urgh, there's no way I could have a bath or shower without moisturising my whole body afterwards, especially face.... would have thought that was something everyone does :chin:

So, grab yourself a body moisturiser and a facial moisturiser and you'll have no more dry skin - water applied to the skin dries skin out if it's not moisturised afterwards!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Urgh, there's no way I could have a bath or shower without moisturising my whole body afterwards, especially face.... would have thought that was something everyone does :chin:

So, grab yourself a body moisturiser and a facial moisturiser and you'll have no more dry skin - water applied to the skin dries skin out if it's not moisturised afterwards!

Ilora x

luckily it's just my face, i will definately go for a facial moisturiser though... i never really thought it was a thing that blokes did but i guess they do :)
  • Options
    The cold weather we're having at the moment may not be helping either, as my forehead and round me cheeks can get really dry and I always moisturise myself and drink loads of water.