Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Iodine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you get iodine off your skin? I tried the soap and water thing, multiple times. Wore a sock to bed to see if it would like rub off during the night, but no.

I feel/look like I've had an experience with self tan and its not good :p

Comments

• Options
    ethonol or vodka i get it on me in the lab all the time.

if not just give it a couple of days and it will ware off
  • Options
    It depends on where on your skin it is. But your best bet is to put vasoline on it then cover with a sock over night because then the warm and vasoline raises the iodine to the surface and is easier to wash the next day.
    Other than that I've no idea......
  • Options
    I think you more or less just need to let it wear off. That or soaking you hand might help. Where'd the Iodine come from anyhow?
  • Options
    I take it thats the orange stuff they put on you before operations etc...

I had that a while ago for a hernia op... went away of its own accord after a few days...
  • Options
    Its on my foot from having a mini surgery yesterday. Even though its one toe they colored my entire foot! And now I have to wear sandals cuz I can't fit into shoes so I'm at work looking like a dork. So whats this ethonol (cuz i'm dorky and retarded) Is it just something you can buy otc? What other products would you assume it to be near in the store :p (As I coudln't bear to waste any vodka :p )
  • Options
    If you drink it....it goes away!