Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wish me luck..........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have reached a point in my guitar playing where I need to restring it....... :sour:
Now,I have tried before and both strings snapped and now I have had some tips from the guys at the music shop I am attempting the impossible again.
I hope I can keep a cool and calm head because when I tried before it nearly went out the window bloody fiddly things........... :mad:
Plus,Iv got the added pressure of getting out of going clubbing tonight as well so Iv gotta think of a decent excuse. :chin:
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    The Leaf wrote:
    Plus,Iv got the added pressure of getting out of going clubbing tonight as well so Iv gotta think of a decent excuse. :chin:
    Any ideas?
    Tell them that you can't go because you're re-stringing your guitar. It's so crafty and truthful it might just work.
  • Options
    turn off your phone and say tou fell asleep, will work unless its your flatmates (however will probably annoy people).

dihorrea is another good one as sno one questions it
  • Options
    If you do succeed taking them off without breaking them....boil them and put them back on. :)
  • Options
    Why dont you just go.
  • Options
    have a few drinks and dont avoid the clubbing? :chin:
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    have a few drinks and dont avoid the clubbing? :chin:

Now that seems the most sensible thing to do..... :yes:
  • Options
    well....I did go and it was shit and I wish I hadnt.I had what I thought was an important job interview in the morning which was shit anyway.
    I just cant loosen up and feel too self concious so I dont tink I`ll go again.........my mate dont want to hang out with me anymore because I spoiled his 18th party by staying "mr sober" when him and his workmates got lashed.
    My guitars strung fine now though :thumb:
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote:
    well....I did go and it was shit and I wish I hadnt.I had what I thought was an important job interview in the morning which was shit anyway.
    I just cant loosen up and feel too self concious so I dont tink I`ll go again.........my mate dont want to hang out with me anymore because I spoiled his 18th party by staying "mr sober" when him and his workmates got lashed.
    My guitars strung fine now though :thumb:

why didnt you have a drink? it'll help you loosen up a lot... i wouldnt dance in a club if i wasnt wasted.

though i wouldnt advise alcohol to loosen up in a general manner, it does make things more fun at a club etc though. :)
  • Options
    if your mate doesn't want to hang out with you because you stayed sober for a job interview the morning after he is the cock not you.
  • Options
    I had 4 pints............now cant go out again cos Iv got no friends.
    Oh well I knew Id never be the fun guy everyone wants to hang out with.I`ll just get used to life alone.
    My guitars still in tune though :thumb:
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote:
    Oh well I knew Id never be the fun guy everyone wants to hang out with.I`ll just get used to life alone.

lol? the fun guy everyone wants to hang out with... don't aim so high :s

if you aim for perfection you will always fail, take things one step at a timte and dont give up at the first fall :)
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote:

To be honest, they sound like prts to me if they are going to ditch you for not getting trashed. Their loss, not yours.
  • Options
    I doubt its anyones loss really,but now Iv got no friends at all and I cant make friends because Im too much of a fuck up.......Iv been trying to improve self esteem/confidence but its too hard.
    If Im gonna meet new people I decide myself that they wont like me before Iv met them so whats the point of trying to meet new people? :confused: