Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

foam party?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel very wet. And cold. Was it worth it? I'm not sure! Soaked through for the sake of 'europe's largest foam cannon' hmmm not sure if that's a good thing? What do you think? To foam or not to foam?

Comments

• Options
    i dont know. never been, kinda intrigued though!

was it anywhere special?
  • Options
    There's only one good thing about foam parties and that's girls wearing white.
  • Options
    Well I didn't get any action if that's what you're thinking! Was almost up for going out and getting wasted til 9am, but then I remembered I have ab essay due in on friday that I need to do :(
  • Options
    Used to go to a lot of them in my teenage disco days. They were quite fun.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Used to go to a lot of them in my teenage disco days. They were quite fun.
    they buggered the glue up your trainers though :(

and you didnt realise till your footwear started falling apart a few weeks later
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    They're good fun.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've been to a couple. I think they are ok, better if they are abroad really. The ones I have been to here just meant I was bloody freezing all night. Some of them do end up ruining your clothes tho so be careful
  • Options
    Usually foam partys are shite an they spray you with a little bit of foam, not enough for it to be a foam party but just enough to fuck your hair up. I went to one this year in freshers week an the foam was up over my head, that was wicked!
  • Options
    i don't like them at all! get all dressed up to then get socaked by foam. ew.
  • Options
    i went to one last term. i enjoyed it.. although i stupidly made an attempt to get closer to the machine and got elbowed in the nose :( got a nosebleed so had to sit in toilets for 20 minutes lol. other than that it was good!!
  • Options
    I went to a few when I was living in Spain cos the foam was quite fun, it was roasting in the club so the foam was cooling!

But over here nah, I wouldnt bother going to one, the foam ruins your hair and clothes, like Lipsy said i dont spend time getting dressed up just to get soaked!
  • Options
    depends on the type of foam, so long as it's hypoallergenic you're alright, but if it's the type that irritates once it's in your eyes it's horrible :p
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    depends on the type of foam, so long as it's hypoallergenic you're alright, but if it's the type that irritates once it's in your eyes it's horrible :p

Yeah it tastes pretty bad too!
  • Options
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i don't like them at all! get all dressed up to then get socaked by foam. ew.

exactly. they're a waste of time. i've only been to one and it messed my hair/make-up up something cronic and made my eyes sting.
  • Options
    foam

they are a bit more fun in germany. the foam is generally tasteless. better in the summer, of course, but i love wet clothes. scandinavia as well.
  • Options
    foam

not at all. in the u.s., the foam is very soapy and tastes terrible. i enjoyed them much more in europe.
  • Options
    Oh Godness me, I've had soo much fun at foam parties. All slippery, with other slippery people too- cant go wrong!
  • Options
    i have been to a few,

i went to one at a night in wigan and it was cool because the dance floor was kinda in a dip so it was like a foam pool and it wasnt anywere else.

i also went to one in eden in ibiza and the foam was over my head, cool but i thort i was drowning whn i fell over lol
  • Options
    I think I hate foam parties coz I work in a club and it's bloody nippy having to clean up afterwards. The're quite good to go to, even if just to watch everyone look a complete state. :D
  • Options
    Meh, theyre not bad, ive been to a few and even one that wasnt advertised - that was fun.
    Was just a normal club night and all of a sudden foam was flying over everybodys heads :D
    I'll agree with the rest though it stings like a bitch in the eyes and it doesnt taste too friendly either!
  • Options
    I've never been to one, could be fun though.