Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eyelash perms

I'm thinking of having one of these done in this place opposite me that does them.

Do they work? How long do they last for?

I'm scared of having one incase my eyelashes fall off or something :lol:

Anyone ever had one or known anyone whose had one?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They should give you a patch test. I think it lasts for 6 weeks. I did Beauty Therapy and we got to do them on eachother. They work pretty well. You could get an eyelash and eyebrow tint done with it if you really wanted to.
  • Options
    Do they really curl your eyelashes though? I don't have much luck with heated ones or normal ones. Do you think an eyelash perm would work well on me? Is there any risk of damaging or losing your eyelashes by having one done?
  • Options
    Yeah the perm lotion works without the use of heat. They usually stick some clingfilm over your head to keep in warmth tho. If you're particularly anxious about your eyelashes being too fragile for the treatment I'd have a word with the beautician beforehand. Remember, they should perform a patch test to check for any allergies.
  • Options
    my friend had one (along with a tint) and she's got short eyelashes and light brown hair. looked really good!
  • Options
    Well I've booked an appointment for next week to have a tint and perm.

I had a patch test hours ago and I've not had a reaction so everything should go ok really.

Its gonna cost me though. £8.50 for the tint and £20 for the perm.
  • Options
    oh, ive always wanted 1 of them. let me know how it goes!
  • Options
    Yeah will do :)
  • Options
    How long does it last?!
  • Options
    Well the woman who served me today said that the eyelash perm lasts 3 months but Rach said above that it lasts for 6 weeks. However, the woman said that the eyelash tint lasts about a month. I'm unsure of whether or not I should get the tint.
  • Options
    I had my eyelashes tinted and oh my gawd, when I opened my eyes, they wouldn't stop watering or stinging! Ouch.

I've also had my eyebrows threaded and they've done quite a good job despite it hurting!

I'm getting the perm tomorrow :D
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I had my eyelashes tinted and oh my gawd, when I opened my eyes, they wouldn't stop watering or stinging! Ouch.

I've also had my eyebrows threaded and they've done quite a good job despite it hurting!

I'm getting the perm tomorrow :D

i hate it when you have your eyelashes tinted and you first open your eyes! Its horrible! At least it only lasts for a minute, they look good afterwards!

Once, the beautician shaped/plucked my eyebrows while I had the eyelash tint on, it was so painful! My eyes were watering so much when I opened them it looked like I was crying loads!

Whats eyebrow threading mean?
  • Options
    Whats eyebrow threading mean?
    It's where they twist 2 pieces of cotton thread together, and catch the hairs inbetween the threads, and pull hard and fast. It's one of the most effective way of shaping eyebrows, but also one of the most painful :yes:

Ilora x
  • Options
    but also one of the most painful
    :yes: It hurt loads!
  • Options
    i thought you were skint like. :p
  • Options
    I got the eyebrow threading for free. The place where I went to get my eye lashes tinted is doing them for free for 2 weeks as its a new thing. I was offered it whilst I was there for free so I wasn't going to say no. And yeah, you are right, I am skint. I shouldn't really be spending £30 on getting my eyelashes tinted and permed. Oops
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    And yeah, you are right, I am skint. I shouldn't really be spending £30 on getting my eyelashes tinted and permed. Oops
    It's none of our business if you're skint. If you want to spend £30 on eyelash perming, you should do it. Don't let the people here make you feel guilty about spending money :thumb: Don't feel like you have to justify your spending just to keep this lot happy :yes:

Ilora x
  • Options
  • Options
    It's none of our business if you're skint. If you want to spend £30 on eyelash perming, you should do it. Don't let the people here make you feel guilty about spending money :thumb: Don't feel like you have to justify your spending just to keep this lot happy :yes:

Ilora x

i wasn't trying to make her feel guilty. she just said somewhere else that she was going to have to take on a second job to help 'cause she was so poor. that's all! she can obviously do what she likes with her money.
  • Options
    I did my own eyelash tinting some eyelash dye from Boots it lasted 30 days and there was a 12 month supply it cost about £7.
  • Options
    Ive decided that i really hate the word perm :yuck: :crying:
  • Options
    Well I had my eyelash perm today and to be honest, it hasn't made much of a difference. Apparently I have really thick heavy eye lashes :yeees: They are a little better but they still look straight to me. Still, I don't think that having them tinted and permed was worth £30.
  • Options
    least you know not to bother again! :)