Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I don't get it. Need advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead:
Okay. Could use some advice with this one as am totally and utterly confused about where this guy is coming from….

I met this guy last year when he joined our department for a 6 month training post. Everybody said he was incredibly shy, but we seemed to get on very well and people commented on how much of a natural rapport we had and that there was obvious chemistry between us, and our body language said it all. People also commented that he was very different around me compared with other staff members. Anyway, one of our colleagues left and had a leaving party. I was unable to go due to having other commitments that evening. The next week I asked him whether he had gone and he said he was unable to go as well and I would have been noticeably missed had he gone. I was then due to take a few days holiday and he emailed me to say that the office would be in mourning until my return and in another email told he was lost without me. Ok, maybe no big deal, but by this time I had begun to develop feelings for him.

My friend had her tarot cards done and apparently he and I came up on them. She was told that she had a friend (me) who had somebody who liked me very much a very kind, well travelled man (he has lived all over the world) liked me, but was too shy to say anything, but could only express himself with his grey eyes (he has grey eyes!) Okay, perhaps a lot of rubbish, but I just don’t know.

On his last day, my friend told him that I was going to be distraught when the time came to say goodbye and he said he would feel the same. He then told me when we were having a chat, what will I do without you? On his last day I stayed late and offered to drive him home. I also gave him a card with a note saying how much I would like to keep in touch. He told me that he was very touched and there was no doubt in his mind that we wouldn’t as he too would like to as well. When I dropped him off, he gave me a big hug and said he would see me in a couple of weeks – we had planned to meet up for a drink and dinner. My friend also came along and when I was at the bar he was asking my friend about my ex-boyfriend. He said he didn’t know why I had put up with him as he had treated me really badly. Again I took him home that night and when I dropped him off he asked whether we could do it again.

Since then, we’ve been emailing and texting one another a great deal. He has invited me along to a concert with him and his 2 friends and their partner and my friend and her husband. Again, I don’t know whether as a friend. He has also emailed me some beautiful pieces of music. There is one random song that he emailed me, and I just don’t know how to take it. I’ve looked at the lyrics and can’t help but wonder whether this is what he is trying to tell me. I may be reading too much into it, but it seems like it could have been handpicked especially for the lyrics. He sent me a rather down email – he is preparing for the biggest exams of his life – so I called him the next day to tell him that I was worried about him and suggested we met up that weekend to give himself a break. He seemed, I thought, pleased to hear from me. He said he’d have to let me know about the weekend. Anyway, he emailed me back and said he would love to watch the sunset with me. Again, I just don’t know whether a guy would just ask a normal friend to do this? So we met up and we talked and talked etc. had a laugh, but nothing was said and when the time came for me to drop him off, he couldn’t get out of the car fast enough. I later texted him to say thanks for a nice evening and he texted back to say that he had had a nice time and it was good to see me again. I simply don’t know whether he likes me or not. What do others think? Is he just shy or what?

The lyrics:
I met this girl
She's walking through one of my dreams
She kissed my eyes
And everything that she said
Made so much sense to me
That I still feel like I'm half asleep
My dark angel
She gave me diamonds for eyes
She walked by
Now I'm hypnotised
By this dream
That just won't stop
And I feel
Like I've always been lost in this dream
The rumours of heaven
Only speed the truth on earth
My dark angel
Shine your light on my curse
You are the other that I have to find
Until I do
I guess I'll see you 'round my mind
So Colorado
Is a place I have to go
I heard a rumour
She loves the mountains and the snow
My dark angel
She gave me diamonds for eyes
My dark angel
I offer you my heart
My dark angel
I think I loved you from the start
'Cause there is this face I know
That I've never seen
Sometimes I feel I'm living in
Someone else's dream
Still I'd like to thank you
For stopping to talk
And I wonder
Just into who's dream did who walk
Oh my dark angel
Shine your light on me
Shine your light
Shine your light
Shine your light on me

Comments

• Options
    He probably does like you but i think you're reading a little too much into it with the song lyrics.. :p
  • Options
    First of all, welcome to TheSite. If you space your post out a little better it will be much easier for us to read it, and that means you'll get better advice.

As for your problem, I don't think this man could be more subtle about his feelings if he'd hired a plane to write I WANT TO BE WITH YOU AND HAVE WILD PASSIONATE SEX WITH YOU in the sky.

Good luck:)
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments. I'm not so sure that I am reading too much into those lyrics. Afterall, the song has hardly been taken from the top 40. I did email him some music back along the similar line. I know he is very busy at the moment, but to a degree i feel like I am doing all of the legwork here. I just wished, he could be open with me and tell me just what it is that he is feeling. :confused:
  • Options
    well, have you told him exactly how you feel? maybe hes feeling the same way and isnt sure if you like him as more than a friend. so tell him, or ask him how he feels, its the only way you'll know for sure.
  • Options
    Maybe you need to be subtle with him about how u feel?
  • Options
    daisyduke wrote:
    I just wished, he could be open with me and tell me just what it is that he is feeling. :confused:

A man? Talk openly about his feelings? To a woman he fancies?

Don't be daft.

I think that the emails and the song lyrics are about as blatant as this man will be. I think its safe to say he likes you a lot, but doesn't quite know what to do about it.

Take the heat off him. Say you like him, ask him out. You'll be waiting a long time for most men to have the courage to ask you out.
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks guys. He has since emailed my friend at work to say that he thinks I am really lovely person and said he had really enjoyed seeing me the other weekend and that the few hours we spent together were lovely. HOWEVER he emailed my friend to say that he finds it strange that I dont mention my ex-boyf. to him, although he referred to him as my "boyfriend." He then said I hope she isn't putting all her eggs into one basket. I am presuming he is talking about my ex. It would seem that he thinks we're still together, but do you think he meant that he hopes I am not putting all my eggs in his basket or my ex-boyfriends basket. Totally and utterly confused. I do realise that I need to maek it clear re the boyfriend situation. Do you think this is what has held him back?
  • Options
    daisyduke wrote:
    Ok. Thanks guys. He has since emailed my friend at work to say that he thinks I am really lovely person and said he had really enjoyed seeing me the other weekend and that the few hours we spent together were lovely. HOWEVER he emailed my friend to say that he finds it strange that I dont mention my ex-boyf. to him, although he referred to him as my "boyfriend." He then said I hope she isn't putting all her eggs into one basket. I am presuming he is talking about my ex. It would seem that he thinks we're still together, but do you think he meant that he hopes I am not putting all my eggs in his basket or my ex-boyfriends basket. Totally and utterly confused. I do realise that I need to maek it clear re the boyfriend situation. Do you think this is what has held him back?
    Hi, see, you already posted a similar post on this thread, and where people have already responded.
  • Options
    I don't even need to post in this thread. Kermit has answered beautifully. From now on, I endorse all his relationship advice, since he keeps beating me to the punch when it comes to giving it out.