Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tops that are long in the body

where the hell do i find some?

I dont think my body is especially long but im fed up of all my tops finishing just bellow my navel. Ive nearly always got a fair amount of skin showing which id rather not tbh. ive got a few tops that are a bit longer but theyre not easy to find. Anyone else have the same problem and where do you get your tops, or at least long vests so i can layer?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Those for men have some.

But seeing tops of women everywhere I always wonder why all the women's top
    look like they have been made for monkeys.
  • Options
    I prefer long tops. They have tons on the American Eagle website (bit far I know). On a google search it came up with lankybird.com. Not that I'm calling you lanky.. Uhh
  • Options
    They are everywhere at the moment which means its heaven for me and my long bodied self!!

In bay yesterday they had loads, as did internacional, and primark. I got one out of primark for £4 :hyper:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    They are everywhere at the moment

:yes:

they have them in primark, H&M, topshop, miss selfridge, warehouse and new look at least - not been in many other shops lately!
  • Options
    I have seen lots of longer line tops in Primark and Topshop
  • Options
    double post. I didn't think you could do that!
  • Options
    You could also try buying some tops from the 'tall' sections in shops, they tend to be a bit longer.
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice. I just want to make it clear im after tops that are just a normal length, ie will reach the waistband of trousers, rather than ones that are extra long and sit on the hips which tend to be really not flattering on my pear shape.
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice. I just want to make it clear im after tops that are just a normal length, ie will reach the waistband of trousers, rather than ones that are extra long and sit on the hips which tend to be really not flattering on my pear shape.

Yeah i get ya, :thumb: So yeah i do think the tall section is the way to go only thing is i'm not sure if they make the arms on the tops longer aswell as the length? It might be a case of try before you buy kinda thing.
  • Options
    I get what u mean, those extra long ones just dont look right on me either

if u search well enough you can find ones that are just the right legnth. the one i got out of primark is the perfect legnth as it reaches my trousers (which i wear rather low but not low enough to be "cracking")
  • Options
    no primark or h&m in colchester unfortunatly :cry: but im gonna go and have a look in bay, miss selfish and topshop in a min. maybe new look too/
  • Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and H&M is the WORST for petites - everything in there seems to be long in the body, so you could try there.

Ilora x
  • Options
    the very long tops tend to suit trim shapes....i want some extra long ones because i have a short torso but long lengs...i want to even myself up
    i know what you mean about vests...all mine tend to hang around my belly button which annoys me
  • Options
    Those for men have some.

But seeing tops of women everywhere I always wonder why all the women's top
    look like they have been made for monkeys.

jeans and tops that doo not meet in the middle are the worst - only do it if you're skinny as a rake.
  • Options
    sambuca wrote:
    jeans and tops that doo not meet in the middle are the worst - only do it if you're skinny as a rake.
    thats what im saying. its all very well saying only do this if youre skinny as a rake, but tbh, once a certain style is in fashion, sometimes its hard to find stuff thats NOT cut like that. Its a shame for anyone who doesnt have a washboard stomach and would rather hide it a bit.

Anyway i went and found some today in new look. just a vest and a tshirt cos at least with a long vest i can wear it under one of the tops i already own.
    I looked in topshop, bay and miss selfridge but they just had those EXTRA long almost dress length tops or short ones as per usual.
    At least new look is a bit cheaper too.
  • Options
    H&M is normally okay for me. I'm 5'4 and the top seem to fit me fine. I don't have a washboard stomach, but the tops reach just over my stomach. I guess it wouldn't fit though if you wanted it to meet with your trousers. I like to wear my jeans at my hips.

Meh... Shops are so silly.
  • Options
    new look do tops that are a good length, they have really nice fitted t-shirts with collars at the moment and they are a really good length.
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean rb, if you find any other than vests let me know!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I totally know what you mean rb, if you find any other than vests let me know!
    They had long sleeve ones in new look too. The vests and tshirts i got were £4 each and i think the long sleeve ones were £6.
    I would have got one of those too but i thought i was being extravagant buying anything new at all tbh lol
  • Options
    They had long sleeve ones in new look too. The vests and tshirts i got were £4 each and i think the long sleeve ones were £6.
    I would have got one of those too but i thought i was being extravagant buying anything new at all tbh lol

lol i know what you mean, i rarely buy myself anything. I think i can stretch to £4 though :D thanks i will go have a look.
    I ideally want one of those 3/4 length sleeves just to be awkward lol.
  • Options
    There are LOOOOOOOOOADS of long tops in Primark, ranging from £3 each in swish colours.. :)
  • Options
    Hmmm, I often have a 'washboard' depending on how hard I been training- I have a 'pillow' at the moment according to my daughter- happy mpther's day me eh? Even with a tight tum I would still rather have clothes that look like they fit. My fave longer tops are morgan and planet. I really need to get my arse into primark to check out the £4 tops, do they sell kiddies clothes too?
  • Options
    Primark do do kiddies clothes.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Primark do do kiddies clothes.

sweet dude. Somone has decided that although they're only six, they are going to have the giganty legs of an eight/nine year old- have to adjust waistbands :( Said huge-mini person has also decided that they no longer like pink coz it isn't 'fashion'. Great, a whole wardrobe full of pink, and now she wants blue! Primark here I come!