Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mp3 player help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm looking to bey an mp3 player and i just don't want an ipod and have to use their stupid bloody itunes and have white earphones rah!

anyway. i really want drag and drop and not some stupid sonicstage type thing that takes away any freedom, about 3-6gb

iv come across the rio carbon but it got rubbish reviews saying it froze but that's the kind of thing i want if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

was looking at a creative zen but it doesnt tell you mush about the software you need to transfer music and shizzle

help please!!! thank you!!!

Comments

• Options
    I've got a 6gb rio carbon and love it, ive never had any problems with it, unlike my last mp3 which broke an i lost ALL the songs. How about those new sony ones?
  • Options
    was looking at a creative zen but it doesnt tell you mush about the software you need to transfer music and shizzle
    I've got a 20 GB Zen Touch. It uses its own software to copy files across. So you have to install that first - but once installed you can drag and drop files on to it. Unfortunately, without Creatives software and drivers installed, it doesn't work like an external hard drive, which is a pity, but it's nolt that big a deal when you consider that most MP3 players (hard drive types) use their own software to transfer files.
    Creatives software isn't the best, but it's quite usable.
    Let's put it this way, if the Zen and the software were than bad, then I wouldn't now be looking at buying another larger capacity one this week. :) I fancy the 40 GB version of the Zen Touch.
    Best thing about the Touch is the battery life - up to 24 hrs (though the way I use it, and the files I play on it, easily give me about 16-18 hrs play time).
    It does come with white headphones though, but replace these with a set of KOSS Sparkplugs which sound great.
    Final clincher for the Zen - check out the new prices, inc vat, on www.komplett.co.uk :hyper:
  • Options
    i would get sony but i hate sonic stage!!!

thank you mr_wobble much appreciated. well komplett.co.uk you've sold me a 20GB zen touch why thank you.
  • Options
    You're welcome. And just for the record, I ordered the 40 GB version earlier tonight. Once I transfer all the files over I'll have to eBay off the 20 GB one (hope to get over £100 for it on eBay, which'll make it a cheap upgrade). :)
  • Options
    Windows Media Player can also be used to transfer files between the PC & Creative Zen.
  • Options
    look in the review thread at the top of the page. i did one on the creative zen micro 6gb. they're £130 in tesco now... :o