Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dreams/reality

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few times recently I've confused certain things that happened in dreams with reality eg. I was sure I read in an interview that an actor lived in a place not a million miles from me but when I re-read the interview to make sure it really said that I'd realised I had dreamt it. I'm not worried about it just annoyed. Has it happened to anyone before?

Comments

• Options
    I have had it happen a couple of times when I was a bit younger...

Its weird when it happens!
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    A few times recently I've confused certain things that happened in dreams with reality eg. I was sure I read in an interview that an actor lived in a place not a million miles from me but when I re-read the interview to make sure it really said that I'd realised I had dreamt it. I'm not worried about it just annoyed. Has it happened to anyone before?
    This is just a dream. In a minute, you'll wake up and notice you're not really online at all, that it's just a state of mind...

:p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This is just a dream. In a minute, you'll wake up and notice you're not really online at all, that it's just a state of mind...

:p
    and that stargalaxy doesnt exist
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    You wish! :p
  • Options
    i have that all the time. i had it on friday in fact.

for some reason i remember sitting in my room, and one of my flatmates commented on how i looked like a piece of chocolate :confused: (at the time i was wearing a lot of brown)

and yesterday we we having a bit of a banter and i brought it up after he said something particularly inslulting lol. apparently he did NOT say that. and after a bit of thinking i in fact realize that he was right :rolleyes: i dreamt it.. but it seemed so real!! .. if a little strange
  • Options
    i've had that too.. its a bit shit when you realise it isnt real :p
  • Options
    I saw a documentry about this sort of thing once. This guy realised that he didn't live in reality at all but in fact we're all part of a complex computer program because -and get this- our bodies are used in the real world by machines for energy! Then the guy learnt kung fu or something. I forget. But damn it, it was a pretty whacky theory. They should make a film about this stuff. Maybe even three.
  • Options
    i thought for years that i had driven my mums car out of the garage when i was about 6. i dreamt it though :(
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    Who are you, Klintock :p
  • Options
    Who are you, Klintock :p
    Knee High Stripy Socks... no, can't say I've ever heard of you before. Welcome to the boards. :p
  • Options
    i do this all the time, especially when im a bit stressed as i have the most stupidly random dreams so i think i remember more.
  • Options
    My mum makes a habit of this, and then tells people in the sincere belief that these things are true. She told everyone she knew about 10 years ago that Ikea were opening a store in Milton Keynes. Of course, one has now, and she likes to think that it was her rumour that inspired the decision to build one there :D
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    I saw a documentry about this sort of thing once. This guy realised that he didn't live in reality at all but in fact we're all part of a complex computer program because -and get this- our bodies are used in the real world by machines for energy! Then the guy learnt kung fu or something. I forget. But damn it, it was a pretty whacky theory. They should make a film about this stuff. Maybe even three.

:lol:

ive got it quite a few times tho
  • Options
    I get this quite alot. I also have particular nightmares that repeat themselves over and over again.
  • Options
    I do this quite often, it's usually conversations I think I've had with people and then when I mention it to them again, they have no idea what Im talking about :crazyeyes
  • Options
    It hasn't happened to me in a while - but I'd better study the diagram again, just in case...;)

417.gif
  • Options
    My dream is reality and my reality is a dream. Both cancel each other out and leaves a blank space for me to wonder what happened.

It has happened frequently that I mix up dreams with reality, and reality with dreams too! :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Used to happen to me a fair bit after consuming large quantities of class A's.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:

Excellently put! :yes:
  • Options
    bizarrely, this happened to me today, couldn't decide whether the monster truck i drove past was actually a dream or whether i actually drove past one.

(on retelling the story - i might add)
  • Options
    I do, and sometimes i get all stroppy with people for things they've said to me in my dream

pesky kids
  • Options
    Yeah, it happens quite often to me.

I just did an essay about Descates and dreaming and shizzle so I think that's all I'll comment here for now!
    x
  • Options
    I thought id had a friend when i was really young and her mum changed her name and they went to live in Wellington, New Zealand.
    Only, my mum doesnt have any idea who i mean!!! Thinking about it their house looks like one my aunty used to live in and the garden i thought we'd played in so many times looks like my other aunty's.
    Maybe i imagined the whole thing!!!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Usually it's when I've just woken up by alarm clock (or in any other way than natural waking). It takes me a few moments to realise that it was a dream.

But for more permanent stuff, here's some examples:
    I went to school one day thinking that one teacher I hated ended up teaching us 4 classes instead of just 1, although I realised this was a dream as soon as I thought about it well.

I remember talking to my brother on the phone (he lives in London) and he was on a payphone. I was hearing a banging noise, and I asked him what that was. He said that there was a guy breaking the payphone next to his with a hammer. Then my bro asked him to be quiet because he was on the phone, and the guy said "Oh sorry man, I'll be more quiet" and gave him one of the coins that had fallen out of the broken phone as "sorry".
    I asked my brother about it, after a long time thinking it had happened, and he said he didn't remember. Only then did I realise that it doesn't make much sense; if a hooligan was breaking the phone next to you, you wouldn't stay there, would you? Not to mention asking him to be quiet and the rest. :lol: @ me

And finally, I vividly remember me looking at a photograph with a man and two asian women, when me, my brother and our dad were at the village. My dad said the man was his cousin, and the women his Japanese wife and their daughter. Then my brother said "Cool! We have a Japanese cousin!"
    I thought this one was true for years, and I still remember it clearly enough for it to be real. But as I could never find the photograph again and neither my dad nor my brother remember it, I guess it was a dream too. :blush:
  • Options
    Sometimes.