Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tranz-Mission!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I only just noticed this event was on! :blush:

Looks like the daddy of all raves to me!! Getting my ticket ASAP!

What do you people think....?

London's largest dance music event of the year at the legendary Alexandra Palace.

DRUM & BASS Hosted by ONE NATION <--- :love:

HARDCORE By HARDCORE HEAVEN

HARD HOUSE & TRANCE Hosted by FRANTIC

OLD SKOOL Hosted by RAINDANCE

FUNKY SEXY HOUSE Hosted by KINKY MALINK

It dont get much better than that, and what a venue to have it in!! think it can hold about 10,000 people!

There is more info inc DJ line ups on the link below:

http://www.slamminvinyl.com/index.php?con=events_detail&event_id=42857997443baa08495c54

and pics of the Palace here:

http://www.alexandrapalace.com/images.html

I just realised how much this post looks like spam for the event lol

It isnt, im just well excited about it, should be a blinder!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    tempting..im going to save my cash and wait for summer sensation 4 though in june :p
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    tempting..im going to save my cash and wait for summer sensation 4 though in june :p

whats that then?

Rave? festival...? Music type?

I think that Hi Fi Festival looks wicked, I cant make it though... :(
  • Options
    Its a rave (futurevibe + vibealite), i didnt go to the 1st two but no. 3 was an amazing night! Not many details have been released yet but have planned for a big group of us to go down :thumb:
    Details here and here when they've been released!
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Its a rave (futurevibe + vibealite), i didnt go to the 1st two but no. 3 was an amazing night! Not many details have been released yet but have planned for a big group of us to go down :thumb:
    Details here and here when they've been released!

To be honest... im not a huge fan of Hardcore... I like some of it, I dont think I could do a whole night on it though...

I can see what the apeal is though... if that makes sense!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    To be honest... im not a huge fan of Hardcore... I like some of it, I dont think I could do a whole night on it though...

Lightwieght.

I dont really like events like this, they are too expensive and just plain too big, it takes you half the night to find the lav.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Lightwieght.

I dont really like events like this, they are too expensive and just plain too big, it takes you half the night to find the lav.

I didnt mean that hardcore... for want of a better word is too hardcore for me...

It just just does my head in after listening to it for a while!

I love big places... dunno why, always have... I cant stand small main rooms.. when the big name DJ's come on you just get squashed in!

Also this rave starts at 8pm!! I might see if everyone wants to get there around 10 with the intention of just exploring the place for the first hour or 2...
    Then its down to bussiness! :thumb:
  • Options
    That is the worst case scenario but if you eat some e's you might be able to hold it for longer

Its not just that though, with huge venues I just find I wander too much, I'd much rather go to a small friendly event which doesnt cost £20+ on the door.
  • Options
    I know what you mean with the wandering bit, at least with a small venue you havent really got anywhere to wander

I used to go to big events and enjoy them, I guess as I've got older and walking is harder I find smaller events more suit me.
  • Options
    I know what you mean with the wandering bit, at least with a small venue you havent really got anywhere to wander

See, thats what I like...

I love wandering around the different rooms with all the different music...

Plus bigger places tend to have more defind areas... like chill out rooms etc..

Also depends on the night I suppose, if I was going to a gig rather than a Rave I would rather a small venue...
  • Options
    Alexadra Palace, 10,000 people, £500,000 worth of lazers, etc.

Yes yes yes, this is all very well but there's no fucking techno room is there?! :o
  • Options
    z0ma wrote:

Yes yes yes, this is all very well but there's no fucking techno room is there?! :o

Well... im sure if you asked nicely!
  • Options
    z0ma wrote:

Haha my thoughts exactly!