Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Proms again (sorry!) accessories

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having the dress below made in a raspberry kind of pink with midnight blue over the top.

http://store.tjformal.com/asp/images/12175-02-b.jpg

I was planning on wearing a thin silver bracelet that I got for my 18th, and then a watch, and want my hair in some sort of updo. Would you be inclined to go for a reasonably posh (but tasteful) clip or discreet tiara (depending on hairstyle) in the hair with some drop earrings, and then no necklace, or a different combination?

Comments

• Options
    Love the dress. I would go with silver accessories, personally I think the tiara may be a little over the top, but with seeing what you dot in mind it hard to tell for sure. I tend to find that less is more, when it comes to accessories. Drop earing do look go with an updo.

Sorry I'm not much help, I not that good at this sort of thing.
  • Options
    If it was me i'd go really plain silver things and just not overdo it as the dress is going to get the attention and the silvers just there to complete the look. Maybe just a longer style of plain necklace that goes a bit further down the chestbone rather than a choker style. Just team that with some small plains studs maybe, no tiara though :no:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Carolina wrote:
    If it was me i'd go really plain silver things and just not overdo it as the dress is going to get the attention and the silvers just there to complete the look. Maybe just a longer style of plain necklace that goes a bit further down the chestbone rather than a choker style. Just team that with some small plains studs maybe, no tiara though :no:
    id agree with this, i would say the dress is so...i cant think of the word, its not extravagant...sorta grand looking, that i would stick to studs and a plain chain with a single drop gem (preferably matching the earrings) all in silver. the dress is gorgeous, and i am going to go against everyone and say go for a small, tasteful tiara with your hair high up in soft curls.
    send us some piccies of when you are all dressed up! :D
  • Options
    I've not even started to think about the accessories I'm wearing with my ball dress in May :eek:
  • Options
    Remember kiddies, you might get to go with your dream date to the prom if you are bad, but if you dont do your homework, you are screwed!
  • Options
    I'm wondering whether I'd be best avoiding anything on my neck at all (perhaps a thin choker if I go for studs) as unfortunately I'm not as blessed on the cleavage front as the model. The dress will obviously be best with boobs, so Mum is putting some chicken fillets in for me to try and get the effect in the photo, so I think I may want to draw the attention away from that. :chin:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    Remember kiddies, you might get to go with your dream date to the prom if you are bad, but if you dont do your homework, you are screwed!
    Heyyy, I'm going with a lovely guy :) I can't buy any of the accessories until my next loan installment comes in though.
  • Options
    OMG lush dress!!!!!

that makes mine last year look boring - yet it was made especially for me!

definately silver, i think drop earings, small neklace nothing too much - i NEVA wear a watch so i dont really agree with a watch but up to u if u wanna know the time :p small silver bracelet is gooood, hair up and a SMALL tiara is always nice, but only if it is a proper posh prom where otther people WILL be wearing them!!

ur gna look gorgeous!
  • Options
    Nice dress (Why do I care??), but that girl in the picture looks like a complete Barbie!!
  • Options
    I would go with the silver bracelet and some simple drop earrings. Only wear the watch if it is a delicate one. Lovely dress though!
  • Options
    that dress is gorgeous. costing you a fair bit i should imagine.

i think wearing a tiara might distract people from looking at your dress.
  • Options
    I think: no watch, yes bracelet, yes earings if hair is up, yes tiara- when else will you get the chance to wear one!
  • Options
    I would definitely say no to a watch, but a simple silver bracelet would be ace.

The less jewellery the better - but if you do wear some, I would pick simple silver delicate stuff. Nothing chunky.