Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It just won't happen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(Deep Breath)
Ok, embarrassing as it is, I can't make love to my new girlfriend. No matter how amount of patience is solving this problem. Basically the erection is not coming and if it does it only lasts a few seconds. First time nerves you might think but thats the thing, it doesn't bother her in the slightest. She has put me under no pressure and continues to. First few times I thought it was nerves but a month later its got into that cycle of knowing its not so it doesn't.
Now my gf is more experienced than me. How much more is up for debate which is slightly intimidating and all but I know she's with me so I try to ignore it because I know she is the faithful type. But she does not seem to do much for me foreplay wise. Now I suppose women are harder to arouse no need the foreplay but what about women doing stuff for men and what stuff?
I spend about an hour worshipping her body and then with my fingers and tongue send her to heaven back several times. IShe orgasms in about 3 seconds at my touch after minimal kissing. All she does for me is while she kisses me tugs away and expects me to stand to attention. Perhaps this worked with her past bf because she is amazing. To be fair I should be struggling to not have sex with her. I thought lasting a minute would be a problem I can't even get started.
I'm pretty sure its not a physical problem because my erection problems started the day we started dating and we didn't try sex for a month. Don't get me wrong I enjoy giving her pleasure I just think considering she has multiple orgasms that last 8 secs a pop that I should be able to manage my 2 secs on glory.
Have a tried talking to her. Kind of but she does not see it as a problem but then she gets off and I just get a kiss and a cuddle. I may have very low self esteem etc due being unloved in my past (something I'd rather not get into here or with her) as well but what can I do?

So in summary:
Should she be doing more for me and is it impolite to ask?
What's wrong with me?
Am I being greedy and should I be greatful that someone so amazing finally likes me?

Any help or advice is great

Comments

• Options
    Hiya,

I do think its has to be nervs for sure. Yeah, you did think that at the start, but now whenever sex comes around, you're mind is thinking "Oh god what if I dont become erect again, like last time?!" Which of course gets you nervous, and no erection.

Thats pretty weird she doesnt do much for you, foreplay wise. You have to talk to her about it. Say that you think this problem could be helped if maybe she gave you a blowjob or two. :yes:

Considering you do everything to her, she cant exactly turn down the thought. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with you exactly, you're just scared about your erection. Fear = no reaction, so you are less likely to get hard the more you think about it. Ironically though, the less likely you are to get hard, the more you think about it.

Why don't you show her what you want doing? Foreplay isn't just about the woman, and sex isn't just about the woman. If you're not happy with how you are having sex, you need to talk to her about it.

I would suggest that you take a big step back from penetration. Sex isn't just about penetration, sex is about two people having fun together, making each other's bodies have pleasure. Take a step back from penetration, go back to kissing and cuddling. Start again. Concentrate on kissing and cuddling, work your way up to taking clothes off, masturbating each other, having oral sex. If you take the pressure of performance away, you should find that things will improve.

Can you achieve erection by yourself? If you can, there's nothing wrong physically, it's in the head. If you can't achieve erection when you're on your own, perhaps you should go and talk to your doctor about it, to find out what's wrong.

I would re-iterate that if she doesn't see it as a problem, then you shouldn't too. Sex is about far more than penetration, penetration is often the dessert not the main course.

TheSite's article on impotence.
  • Options
    I can get an erection by myself some of the time but since I have started going out with her everything else other than her does not turn me on as much anymore. Only she really turns me on just not for long enough. It can't be physical if it started only when with her.
    I will have to talk to her but that just makes me so uncomfortable, which I know it shouldn't. I can give other people sex advice but until recently I never thought I'd have a sex life myself.
    Any pressure I may feel is from me not her. She has given up even suggesting penetration because she can tell it ain't going to happen now. How can I ask her to do things to me when I can't stand the sight of me myself
  • Options
    She orgasms in about 3 seconds at my touch after minimal kissing.
    :yeees: Somehow i doubt this. especially seeing as you have said you are quite inexperienced. even the most experienced lover in the world would struggle to make a woman cum within 3 seconds.
    As for your little problem, as the others have said - its all down to the vicious cycle. you are worried that you didnt get an erection, now you're worried it will happen again and everytime that it does will just add to the fears. Dont just rush into sex, take your time and enjoy having some foreplay for a while. tell her what feels good and ask her to tell you the same.
    In time you will both begin to learn how each other ticks and what the other likes or doenst like in bed. You cant just expect to be cassonova straight away!
  • Options
    If you find it hard to trust then you will find it hard to achieve erection, having penetrative sex with someone requires so much trust. Your mind will sabotage your body just to make sure you don't get hurt- your mind is the biggest sexual organ, so if it doesn't want to play ball, nothing else will either.

It's not scary to talk about sex, or it shouldn't be. Does your girl give you oral sex? Do you let her?

The pressure will be from you, which is why you need to take a step back from it. Go back a base, and try again in a few weeks or so.
  • Options
    Maybe its b'cause shes more experienced than you that you feel under pressure or think things that you shouldn't be.

When I got with my gf I knew about her past and when I used to think about it even just the thought of her ex's it made me go floppy and loose the mood. Still happens to this day but its not as bad now Ive dealt with most of the issues surrounding him etc.

Just my 2p
  • Options
    I you tried showing her how you like it? If she's not giving you the attention you deserve then its no wonder your not staying up. Get her to suck on it for a while, its time you got yours. I find it amazing to hear about girls who just want it all. I find it hard accepting that my partner actually likes going down on me, etv, but if he's been down there for 20 mins or more, i'll stop him cos i feel like I'm being selfish...well that and I want something in my mouth:p

But yea...ahem..back to the point....Get her to do more things to you, get your self some love dice, which have lots of little activites for you two to do. She really needs to be spending more time on you, and quick tug just isnt working, and i have to say i wouldnt think it would for anyone...
  • Options
    mate, when u think that she is more experienced just think in your head that your going to be the experience she has never had! i know it seems bad that u cannot get an erection mate but honestly mate if she really likes u she should understand. Just think in ure head that your going to give her the best time ever even if she has had other mate. also tel her what u like and what u dont like mate, then enjoy!
  • Options
    Well it finally happened after much time and patience and I feel much better for it. Although if anything she gives me less foreplay now than before I guess I just have to try and teach her what other men could not.
    Thanks for all the advice
  • Options
    was it nerves then??
  • Options
    I guess, to be honest it still is not good. By the time I have explored every part of her body and got her off numerous times I've lost it and no matter how much trying gets it back. It means nine times out of ten I'm still left wanting while she isn't. Probably why is does not bother her. I'd tell her what to do but I don't really know why I am not turned on and my body kind of gives in. I guess I am not allowed a normal sex life and have to hope she does not decide I am not good enough