Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FIFA get tough on racism

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
about time too

link

lets home they stick to it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Good.
  • Options
    Yeah right, I really cannot see them being this harsh on anyone. Words are meaningless, it will be their actions which show their true approach.
  • Options
    Im sure they've been saying this for months now and do nothing about it when it happens.
  • Options
    Lazio would end up bottom of Serie D at that rate. If they actually stick to the sanctions.
  • Options
    If they were to actually stick to the sanctions, you'd have supporters of rival teams impersonating each other and sticking on Ku Klux Klan hats.
  • Options
    Excuse my cynicism but they're only getting tough because one of the "big stars" threatened to walk off. Do you really think they care about black players in the lower leagues?

Nevertheless these punishments are welcome.
  • Options
    The attitude of the Spanish and the Italian FAs have been nothing short of a disgrace TBH. Handing over fines of a few thousand euros it's really going to strike fear into the clubs is it?

Anyway, hopefully the threat of points docking or even relegation will make the idiots in question think twice.
  • Options
    I think its a great bit of waffle, but I actually do disagree with the sanctions.

The easiest thing is to have closed doors for 3 matches, for every racist chant heard.