Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best Places, UK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Me and my house mate were just talking about travelling and stuff and have agreed we definately need to see more, we've got loads of places to go abroad, and i was just wondering where people would recommend in the UK?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Giants Causeway Co. Antrim.
  • Options
    Lincolnshire! :heart:

But it depends really what you're planning on doing in these places and what you're after.

The Lake District is a beautiful place, but not if you want to go clubbing and the likes!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Newquay and various places in Cornwall, Devon and West country for summer holidays.

London for a weekend

Plymouth. Cardiff. Bristol - for a good night out
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Giants Causeway Co. Antrim.

Seconded. Some of my best memories are time I spent there, and in Northern Ireland. Vastly underrated.

I'd also recommend Newcastle, if you've never been. Northumberland is gorgeous and perfect for a little break, especially if you drive.

It depends what you're looking for - relaxation, nightlife, sightseeing...a mix of all those things are more? :)
  • Options
    Winchester, Leeds, York, Newcastle, London, Wimborne, Skipton, Carlise, Bradford, Wells, Halifax, Southampton, Durham, Saltaire, Birmingham, Manchester, Romsey, Salisbury, Wetherby, Harrogate, Ilkley, Tynemouth.
  • Options
    If you've never been to London..

Cardiffs great too.. but you're in wales already...

Um.. Cornwall and Devon - Beautiful places with plenty to do. Manchester.

We're planning on doing this sometime this year/next year too. Haven't seen enough of the UK..
  • Options
    Edinburgh.
  • Options
    Winchester, Wimborne, Romsey, Salisbury

:lol: I suppose being from Rotton anywhere esle seems intresting. :p

Salisbury's not too bad. You've got the Stones, a severely impressive Cathederal, Old Sarum, quite pretty - good if you like your history.

Southampton's not bad for shopping, Romsey aint much better than Totton - a dive. Winchester's dull and there are are better places to go in Dorset than Wimborne.

New Forest is good - though I'm biased.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Salisbury's not too bad. You've got the Stones, a severely impressive Cathederal, Old Sarum, quite pretty - good if you like your history.

Southampton's not bad for shopping, Romsey aint much better than Totton - a dive. Winchester's dull and there are are better places to go in Dorset than Wimborne.

Harrogate was the one that worried me.. :p
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

A matter of taste ;)

I quite like market towns like Wimborne and Romsey.
    Totton is just a hole. It has no redeeming features at all...i prefer inner city Bradford.

Winchester is my favourite city in Hampshire.
    Southampton is nice for a wander around the old bits, but is really just a characterless shopping centre (couldn't miss it off my list, though!).
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies, Giants Causeway is definately on the list, you'd think with my mother being from ireland i would of been there already!
    We're looking into the places to go now for the summer, i think cornwall will be on the list as well as the causeway, and maybe edinburgh?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Edinburgh, Highlands, Lake District.

We did a quick tour thing for our honeymoon and saw some of the UK. My favourite was the Lakes.

Want to see more though.
  • Options
    Pompey :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Plymouth

This is where I live, the only good thing (imo) is Home Park which is Plymouth Argyle's football ground. Town can be nice as well, apart from on a Saturday morning when it's really busy...
  • Options
    I went to Plymouth for a uni interview but it was at the art campus so that was exeter but it seemed really nice.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    This is where I live, the only good thing (imo) is Home Park which is Plymouth Argyle's football ground. Town can be nice as well, apart from on a Saturday morning when it's really busy...

Union street and Temptations. :yum:

We fucked up the Pavillions flume when I was there last. Cost my mate 32k.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Belfast and Londonderry if your comming over to NI
  • Options
    My favourite was the Lakes.

:yes: I've lived just outside of the Lakes most of my life, and I still think it's one of the most beautiful places I've seen. But if you do visit, try and avoid school holidays cos all the towns get ridiculously busy.