Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

PS3 release date put back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

For some reason i kinda knew this was gonna happen. Tis a shame but im ready to wait for it if they need to sort out the problems :D

Comments

• Options
    simultaneous launch, eh? interesting.

i wasn't planning on buying one straight away anyway, but i'd rather wait a few months to have a fully working one than a rushed bugged console.
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    but i'd rather wait a few months to have a fully working one than a rushed bugged console.

True. But Sony will have to have the PS3s working perfectly on release. The xbox 360 had a dodgy release but they've had 4 months or so already to get it fixed. They don't have any compettion, hell if the ps3 is out novemberish then they've had a full year unopposed. They could work through the problems at their leisure.

Sony won't have that freedom. The xbox 360 should be relatively bug free, with enough stock to go around. And, if sony don't have some kind of organised online network thing planned.......steep hill to climb.

Makes you wonder if Microsoft were gambling on the PS3 being delayed.
  • Options
    Shock horror, PS3 released just in time for Xmas...
  • Options
    Shock horror, PS3 released just in time for Xmas...
    Didn't something similar happen with PS2? I remember reading about it now. They kept delaying the release. Sony kept saying it was because they couldn't make enough machines to keep up with demand. I suspect a lot of what's going on now is hype.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yes. But the thing is... the PS3 doesn't work yet.

And by the time it is released.. it'll be mighty old technology. Not just crap technology then. The cell chip is being a bit... crap, tbqh.