Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

02 X1

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just got a text telling my that theres a small chance my phone could blow up while charging and that I need to send it back so my phone can be replaced with a nice shiny new one! :hyper: (Hopefully it'll be less shit than the one i've currently got.. )

However..

I have a few videos on my phone that were taken on a day that really meant alot to me and to my knowledge there's no way to transfer them from my phone. No socket for a data cable, can't send/email them, but i really don't want to lose them. It doesn't say anything about it in the manual either.

If it's deffinately physically impossbile to transfer them from my phone whats the chance they'll still stored on my sim and i'll be able to play them on my upgrade?

Comments

• Options
    check they are not sotred on a memory card that may be in the phone somewhere, if their stored on the actual phone, o2 should have some form of data transfer, might have to pay for it, but whats a bit of moeny for priceless memories?
  • Options
    they wont be stored on your sim, theyll be too big

if your phone has bluetooth you could get a bluetooth adapter for your PC and transer them that way, I have this one, works well enough :)
  • Options
    or infared
  • Options
    I'm afraid it has neither.. :p
  • Options
    and your *sure* thers no datacable slot? most phones have one, even my old 3310 had one.
  • Options
    I'm not *sure* but there two slots; one for earphones and one for the charger and i can't see anything else that could concievably be a data cable slot, plus it says nothing about one in the manual. Its this phone btw.

I'm gonna phone up o2 and ask. Otherwise I might just not bother returning it... I could really do with a new phone aswell.. :(

ETA: 900 POSTS! :hyper:
  • Options
    can you send them as an mms to another phone or email address?
  • Options
    Nope.. see original post.. :p
  • Options
    hmm thats shit, how come you cant send them?
  • Options
    Yes, it is a bit shit isn't it? :p I have no idea why..
  • Options
    phone has no mms settings? you can get them sent to it by the O2 website, then for about 50p+ ( maybe less ) you can email your items to safety!
  • Options
    I had that phone a few years ago and Im sure I was able to send video clips by MMS :chin:
  • Options
    I had that phone a few years ago and Im sure I was able to send video clips by MMS :chin:

How? The only options i have on the actual clips are delete and rename and when i go into MMS it only has the option to add pictures.. Did you have to set it up?
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    How? The only options i have on the actual clips are delete and rename and when i go into MMS it only has the option to add pictures.. Did you have to set it up?

IIRC, stuff like that needs to be set up and it's very easy to do so as well.
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    I seem to remember spending a lot of time on the phone to O2 getting all the settings, um set up. You should probably be able to sort it out on the website now though.
  • Options
    I seem to remember spending a lot of time on the phone to O2 getting all the settings, um set up. You should probably be able to sort it out on the website now though.

yeah, you can do that now.
  • Options
    It has the option to set up media messaging online but my phone is set up for that already (i went through the same kinda process with hours on the phone to o2.. ).. i can send picture messages - just not the videos.. Did you have to set the video messaging up separately?