Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mtv

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
this is supposed to be a music channel right? is it me or does it just seem to play anything but music? All this ''my sweet 16'' shit with snobby rich girls having big parties like its their wedding and horny young adults raiding each others rooms? Whats all that about?

Sorry just needed a rant....whats happened to mtv?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I was unfortunate enough to watch a whole afternoon of My Super Sweet 16 or whatever it's called, I didnt think it was possible for people to be that stuck up, spoiled and full of themselves.
  • Options
    mtv base, mtv2 etc are used for constant music
  • Options
    I was unfortunate enough to watch a whole afternoon of My Super Sweet 16 or whatever it's called, I didnt think it was possible for people to be that stuck up, spoiled and full of themselves.
    thats what i thought...i was watching it today and this girl was having like a princess diaries kinda party and she'd got all these friends rehersing a waltz and she was like ''i'll have them rehersing here till 3am...i want my party to be perfect''
    the party was costing thousands of dollars and her dress was nearly 5 grand! And then there was the bit where she was giving out her invitations
    ''only cool people can come to my party...i don't want nerds'' and everyone was swanning over her asking her for invites. Then she had a massive truck and had her hair and makeup done to have a photo shoot on a boat in a bikini....spoilt much?
  • Options
    apart from that mtv is pretty decent tho
  • Options
    i liked Laguna Beach the Real OC when it was on. But the rest aint that good. Room Raiders hasnt been good since they left New York state!
  • Options
    My super sweet 16 - Some of them are spending something in the region of $250,000 on the party and inviting anyone and everyone by the looks of it. Give me a cheap bottle of wine and a few good mates anyday!!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    And then there was the bit where she was giving out her invitations
    ''only cool people can come to my party...i don't want nerds'' and everyone was swanning over her asking her for invites.

I don't know if it was the same one, but there was one I saw with some god-awful girl who decided just before the party that she didn't like her best friend, so wouldn't let her speak to her at the party, and chucked her out of the VIP group that she had, and took a lot of pleasure in it! Don't think I've ever been so revolted by someone in my entire life.
  • Options
    Bring back Beavis and Butthead, and Celebrity Deathmatch :D
  • Options
    Bring back Beavis and Butthead, and Celebrity Deathmatch :D

Nooo, not Beavis and Butthead. They were creepy and always gave me nightmares!! :shocking:
  • Options
    Whats up with all the horiffic dating shows, date my mom, the one where they go in your room. How gross some of that shit is MTV is a discrase. It was good with music, and even B&B and Daria, but god forbid,

I blocked the sad channel so I dont even have to channel surf thru it.
  • Options
    I loved Beavis and Butthead! Is it not still on MTV2?

I have to admit that I actually like watching My Super Sweet 16 :blush: . I like it when things go wrong. It's totally ridiculous tho the amount of money that these kids have spent on them.

Date My Mom just freaks me out and Pimp My Ride is embarrassing.

I remember the good old days of MTV when they played music all the time. Seems so long ago now.
  • Options
    Those fuckers on super sweet 16 are soooo god damn rich it makes me jealous :mad:
  • Options
    haha i actually think these shows are the best part of MTV, there are other channels for videos if thats what you want.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    mtv base, mtv2 etc are used for constant music
    hits
  • Options
    TMF

E4 during certain hours.
  • Options
    haha I love My Super Sweet 16! I mean yeah, they're all spoilt little bitches with rich mummy and daddys but I think its hilarious! Why is 16 such a big deal anyway in America? its not really that much of a big deal here is it?

I kinda like some of the programmes on MTV...Cribs, Punkd, Viva La Bam...the one where theres like two guys and one girl has to pick or two girls and one guy has to pick though is really annoying, I can't remember what its called.

If I wanna watch music videos I watch Kerrang :thumb:
  • Options
    If I wanna watch music videos I watch Kerrang :thumb:
    Your My kind of woman!! :D :yes: :thumb:
  • Options
    Tates wrote:
    I don't know if it was the same one, but there was one I saw with some god-awful girl who decided just before the party that she didn't like her best friend, so wouldn't let her speak to her at the party, and chucked her out of the VIP group that she had, and took a lot of pleasure in it! Don't think I've ever been so revolted by someone in my entire life.
    Yes! The little rich bitch was Jasmine and her friend was Brittany. She had only been adopted into that family a year ago too so you think she'd have remembered where she came from instead of turning into a spoilt brat.

*sigh*
  • Options
    Bring back Laguna Beach: The Real OC!!!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Bring back Laguna Beach: The Real OC!!!

I loved that!
  • Options
    Yes! The little rich bitch was Jasmine and her friend was Brittany.

:yes: That's the one!
  • Options
    Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it
    You play the guitar on the MTV
    That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
    Money for nothin' and chicks for free
    Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
    Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
    Maybe get a blister on your little finger
    Maybe get a blister on your thumb