Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Screwed over

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So here's the situation. I quite fancy this guy I'm friendly with atcollege and after bout 6 weeks of this I finally plucked up the courage to ask him to the cinema (took a lot for me to do this). First he treats it as a friends thing and asks if another mate can go. I told him how I'd actually meant it but that we could all go if he preferred, thinking at least mates was better then nothing. He said that it was ok for just the two of us, which gives the slight impression he was actually ok with it being "date" like.

So, I'm not feeling too confident about this but I go anyway and we have an ok time.

Two days later him and the friend are going out.

I guess he was being nice by agreeing anyway, but I feel so.....pathetic, like he *pitied* me. I'm not gonna chase after him like some lovesick teenager though.

Anyone else ever been in this position? I just wanna know that I'm not being the only idiot in this predicament.

:(

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations on having the confidence to ask this guy out, I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, it happens to everyone though so don't feel like you're the only one.

I feel compelled to point out that you haven't been screwed over.
  • Options
    Why did he agree to go out with me if he was only just gonna start going out with the friend within 48 hours? Thats the thing I feel a bit screwed over about, surely it would have been better for him to have either said no or for all of us to have gone?

Or am i just being really daft?
  • Options
    He made no promises, before or after the "date". Despite your assumptions.
  • Options
    He might not of seen it as a date, more of spending time with you as friends, as you said.
  • Options
    yeah i agree