Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

network group viewer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am getting severely pissed off with microsofts default workgroup viewer (as in, "my network places")

it's slow, crashes all the time, and is just crap.

are there any alternatives I can use to browse the other PC's on my network's shared files?

can I use filezilla for example?

Comments

• Options
    I had this problem alot!

It dont happen no more, but what you could do Is right click and "Explore" My network places
  • Options
    i dont think so, most apps use the exprolorer program, i guess you could find one on the intarbet or if your dertermined, code one your self.
    try sourceforge or planetsourcecode for free apps, apps from PSC need the relevent compiler.
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I had this problem alot!

It dont happen no more, but what you could do Is right click and "Explore" My network places

but that in essence uses explorer, which is the problem :p

I need something that's not part of windows explorer
  • Options
    I see what you mean I dont know there and regards to the explorer Im talking about When you RIGHT CLICK the "My network places!" it gives you the option to Explore it... Rather then just double clicking .
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I see what you mean I dont know there and regards to the explorer Im talking about When you RIGHT CLICK the "My network places!" it gives you the option to Explore it... Rather then just double clicking .

yes, but "explorer" is the program and mechanics of any of the "windows" within windows.

so right clicking and exploring isn't really a different program.

when "explorer" crashes, everything goes, IE (not that I use it any more), start menue/bar, any open windows I have