Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone have lots of money, and feeling generous?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I really need one of these. It's a matter of urgency... quite possibly the difference between life and death.

I really really really really really need one of THESE. Preferably this one.

Thanking you in advance.
:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    21 grand?

jesus thats a waste, a vauxhall carlton with a lotus engine in it??

why??????????
  • Options
    IT'S A BARGAIN!!!

The fastest production car for a long, long time. Highly nickable, the Police hated them because they didn't have anything that could keep up.

Most have been pranged, pinched, or serviced by muppets these days. Those things are a piece of British heritage, you should be proud! Vauxhall indeed! ;)

It's a Vauxhall engine, breathed on by Lotus. I'd have one as my everyday car if I won the lottery...
  • Options
    seriously,this is one of THE motoring classics of all time...i have drove a couple,and they just do not make powerfull cars like this anymore....its a legend! it was based on the "thunder saloon" touring car of the time. if i had the money.....i would buy it for myself....sorry mate :D
  • Options
    Hmm.... I think I'd get great pleasure from buying a normal Carlton, and tweaking it myself! No bodykit, no flared arches, Lotus crank and pistons, and everything else done by me.

I think that'd be pretty damned cool!

*Goes off to price up Lotus crank*

Anyway, there are some pretty powerful cars around these days. It's a very different market to the one we had 15 years ago - just take a look at all the modern Mercedes, BMW M-series, Jaguar XJR, Audi RS-models - none of them hold a candle to the classics for me, but there are some awesome machines on the road.

Nothing beats a classic though!
  • Options
    Hmm.... I think I'd get great pleasure from buying a normal Carlton, and tweaking it myself! No bodykit, no flared arches, Lotus crank and pistons, and everything else done by me.

I think that'd be pretty damned cool!

*Goes off to price up Lotus crank*

Anyway, there are some pretty powerful cars around these days. It's a very different market to the one we had 15 years ago - just take a look at all the modern Mercedes, BMW M-series, Jaguar XJR, Audi RS-models - none of them hold a candle to the classics for me, but there are some awesome machines on the road.

Nothing beats a classic though!
    pound for pound,a scooby isnt a bad choice for cheap power!.....though an evo will allways be better........you just need the cash!!.....classics are cars that cost too much money to buy,with very litttle reward imo.....your not gonna "cruise" an ultimate classic,because it cost you too much...the fun has gone for that car!
  • Options
    It would look less ugly without the fin.
  • Options
    beast of a motor! :thumb:
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    pound for pound,a scooby isnt a bad choice for cheap power!.....though an evo will allways be better........you just need the cash!!.....classics are cars that cost too much money to buy,with very litttle reward imo.....your not gonna "cruise" an ultimate classic,because it cost you too much...the fun has gone for that car!

Had a '98 Impreza Turbo. Decatted, P1 backbox - made a lovely noise, went like stink(quicker point-to-point than my Dads 911), lots and lots of grip but utterly soulless.

Sold it 2 months after getting it. A bitter disappointment. An Evo costs twice as much, goes about as quickly, offers a better driving experience, but costs a lot more to run. I'd not touch one; I could buy something less common and more fun for the same money.

Don't get me wrong - what the Scooby and Evo do is absolutely astounding. Pound-for-pound a tuned Sapphire Cosworth would make more power, an E36 M3 would offer more fun behind the wheel. Could buy both for similar money to a decent Scoob or Evo :).
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    It would look less ugly without the fin.

Ugly? UGLY? :banghead:
  • Options
    I normally have good luck with finding money if that helps? :lol:

the older ones know what I'm on about
  • Options
    I normally have good luck with finding money if that helps? :lol:

the older ones know what I'm on about

Funny thing the other day, i happened to come across a suitcase in a field.... :D

good to see you're still kicking about
  • Options
    Funny thing the other day, i happened to come across a suitcase in a field.... :D

good to see you're still kicking about

Lol. :p

Thanks man. So how are you my friend? Still knockin' around yourself then? I just pop in every now and again for a laugh. Great fun. :D
  • Options
    You can't seriously think thats nice, or even remotely worth anything near 21 grand! eeek.
  • Options
    You don't need a car, you have a motorbike :)
  • Options
    after all is said and done, it's still a vauxhall... a vauxhall with a lovely engine, but still a vauxhall.
  • Options
    I don't have £21,000! :p
    ***roof collapses and lots of money falls into the room***
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    You can't seriously think thats nice, or even remotely worth anything near 21 grand! eeek.

It's worth every damned penny! I'll bet the reserve is nearer £25k...
    *Stacey* wrote:
    You don't need a car, you have a motorbike :)

But this isn't just *A* car, it's a Lotus Carlton. It is one of the few cars that I could justify spending more than £10k on.

Of course, had you accepted my proposal of marriage, maybe I'd be looking at spending huge amounts of money on other things :p.
  • Options
    Shush you, car obsessive.

And I'm not paying for it and I don't blame any one else for not doing so :p Besides, if I had any money myself, it'd go on insuring MY car :)
  • Options
    I'm not car obsessive! Not these days, anyway ;).

Buy me the Lotus Carlton and I'll buy you a good first car. And insure it for you! ;)
  • Options
    I have my car. I just can't afford the insurance til work actually pays me.

And somehow I think I'd be at a slightly bigger advantage paying £80 than 21 grand!
  • Options
    Hey.... wicked! What did you get?

I need to know so I don't accidentally kick your wing mirror off ;).
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Nice motor.

But I'd pefer an Esprit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My Dad had one years ago, I was just about too tall to drive it when I was 15, so I'd have naff all chance now. Annoying, as I love the look of the Esprit :(.